Best Swiss rail pass for trip to Bernese Oberland

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jimgeoko
Jimgeoko
2 posts
May 29, 2018 - 1:16 AM

My wife and I will be traveling by train from Zurich to Murren on June 29. Back from Grindelwald to Zurich on July 6. We’ll be mainly hiking but would also like to experience some of the trains/trams/gondolas in the mountains. I’ve looked at the Swiss flex pass and jungfrau pass. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Lucas
Lucas
9215 posts
expert &
May 29, 2018 - 11:10 AM in reply to Jimgeoko

Hi Jimgeoko and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would guess you'll want either the Regional Pass - Bernese Oberland or the Jungfrau Travel Pass (depending on how much of the region you explore as the Jungfrau Travel Pass covers a smaller area).

Check the links out below for prices (price tab) and a PDF map of the coverage area (where it's valid tab).

That being said,
To know which pass is the best for your specific itinerary you need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted). Once you have that information you can read our page here on how to choose the best rail pass. There is a spreadsheet there to help with the math. :)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018