Best European rail pass for a solo traveller

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2018 at 1:57:30 #815394

Hello Everyone!

I would like to seek your advise on which pass suits my travel plan. I am choosing between Swiss Rail Pass and the EuroGlobal / Eurorail. I am a Solo traveler and will be exploring Europe from May 8 to 23 but will cover different country. My sample itinerary will be: May 8 – Arrival in Zurich Airport – 6:10 am; Proceed to Luzern; Mt. Titlis then back to Luzern in the afternoon to explore the place. May 9 – Head to Interlaken Ost; Try Paragliding; Stay in Grindelwald; Explore First & Bachalpsee

May 10 – Explore Grosee Scheidegg & Jungfrau (hope weather permits). Thinking of taking the train late afternoon back to Zurich to take night train to Paris or take May 11 early morning flight to Paris. Any suggestion with this plan? which one is advisable? I don’t mind staying in airport at night to take the first flight in the morning or taking the night train trip. If train, should I go to Zurich, Bassel or Bern? or Also have train to Paris from Interlaken Ost?

May 11 to 13 to explore Paris; May 14 to 16 to Explore Barcelona..then the rest will be in Norway.

Thank you so much. GOD bless!

Melissa

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2018 at 6:01:04 #882563

Hi Melissa and welcome to MySwissAlps!

That can all work out but I think it is too early for Grosse Scheidegg.

There is no night train from Zurich to Paris – you can use the timetable to plan out the trip(s). You can start the train trip to Paris from Interlaken -you’ll just transfer to other trains on the way. You can leave at 17:00 and get to Paris around 22:30. Otherwise you spend 5 hours or so at Basel train station over night.

A Swiss Travel Pass may be a good option for you – be sure to read how to choose the best rail pass information.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2018 at 6:18:55 #882564

Hi Lucas,

Your prompt response is highly appreciated. Thank you so much for the advise and link.

Best regards,

Melissa

• The thread ‘Best European rail pass for a solo traveller’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.