Best region in Switzerland in 4 to 5 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2017 at 16:19:36 #813556

My husband and I are taking a Retirement Trip to celebrate. We would like to start in Switzerland. If we could see the best of Switzerland in 4 to 5 days, what region would you suggest? We are interested in the best of: the alps, scenic railway, maybe a boat ride, cog rail, scenic lifts.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2017 at 17:11:54 #871218

Hi teachmjm and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The most important questions here is when are you coming to Switzerland? For the best weather in the mountain areas you will want to visit between late June and early October usually.

I think you will want to focus on the Jungfrau region. That is were you will find alpine towns like Wengen and Lauterbrunnen among others. Also there is the Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn mountains (as well as many others).

For Panoramic trains see a list of them here. The two most famous trains are the Glacier Express and the Bernina Express. They aren’t too convenient for the Jungfrau area but not too bad. Perhaps a visit to Zermatt to see the Matterhorn (and finish or start the Glacier Express) would work.

To explore more of the website and what there is to do in Switzerland, click on our what to do and where to go pages.

Where are you planning in entering and exiting Switzerland?

• The thread ‘Best region in Switzerland in 4 to 5 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.