Best review sites for Swiss restaurants

• Nerdygjerde
    Participant
    9 posts
    7 April 2023 at 16:09:23 #829512

Hello. I use Yelp quite a bit here in US. It seems to not be used as much in Switzerland. Do you have any sites you suggest for this purpose?

The pictures of menus, food, and reviews on Yelp is helpful. Reviews from locals would be best.

As an example, I will be in Brig for one night in September with my son. Google maps has hundreds of reviews for each restaurant and they all are ~4.5 stars. Yelp only has one review each. I don’t mind using google maps but if something more authentic is available I’d love to try it.

this site is awesome, so I skill add some detailed dining questions later. (In Brig I’m looking forward to some cholera haha)

I noticed Yelp is not big in Norway too. Not sure about Germany and Italy.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    7 April 2023 at 17:48:52 #953074

Hi Nerdygjerde,

To be honest, I’m not sure what is the best restaurant review site in Switzerland. Personally I am familiar with Trip Advisor.

Anyway I was in Brig recently (February) and can recommend the Schlosskeller Restaurant if you’d like to try a regional cuisine.

You can find more useful information about Brig here: http://www.myswissalps.com/brig

Enjoy your trip.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Best review sites for Swiss restaurants’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.