Best route for 3 days with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 17:31:06 #816256

Hello,

we are family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child 9 yrs old) and we are planning to visit Switzerland for 3 nights in late June. We will be coming from paris to switzerland and go to Italy after switzerland. We haven’t made itinerary yet because we r still confused, we r hoping to get many inputs and recommendations from all of you. We are thinking of buying the 3 days swiss travel pass. We definitely want to enjoy the best scenery and enjoy snow. Which route do you suggest will optimize the use of the 3 days STP? Which entry point in Italy that can be covered with the 3 days STP? Thank you we really appreciate as many suggestions as possible.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 5:39:40 #886484

Hi Fiantika,

There were some answers to your first post a few weeks ago – did you see them? https://www.myswissalp s.com/forum/topic/zuri ch-to-italy-with-swiss-travel-pass

On top of the web pages given to you on the thread above, have a look at Mt. Titlis and Jungfraujoch for a chance to be able to walk around in some snow.

The two main entry points to Italy would be the towns of Chiasso and Domodossola – your Swiss Travel Pass would cover you to either town. You would then need a ticket from the on to your Italian destination.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 16:49:07 #886485

Hi Lucas,

thank u for the link, I did read it but it said the thread is closed.

Also, i am considering of Arriving in Basel instead of Zurich but still confused whether or not Basel will be easier for me to go to Grindelwald. Which one do you think is better?

I would definitely like to go to Mt. Titlis if its fully covered by STP. I now understand that I have buy another ticket to get to Jungfraujoch even with the STP.

In your opinion, can I go to Grindelwald and Mt. Titlis in within 2 days of my 3 days in Switzerland? Which area should I stay? And from which area should I take the train to cross the Italian border to get to Milan?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 19:38:10 #886486

Both mountains require extra tickets to reach them with the Swiss Travel Pass.

You can read a list of popular mountains and if they are covered fully or partially by the Swiss Travel Pass on our website here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

Yes, Grindelwald and Titlis can be done over two day. I would probably stay in Interlaken for the train station there in this case.

From Interlaken you can take a train to Milan with a couple changes. Use the timetable to plan it out: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 3:54:43 #886487

Hi Lucas,

I checked on the timetable and it said I have to change train in Spiez. I was wondering is it possible to not change train. So if I go from interlaken to milan via Domodossola without having to change train, is this possible? And I should buy the Domodossola-Milan train tickets on the spot or should I buy online?

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 4:44:23 #886488

>> I checked on the timetable and it said I have to change train in Spiez. I was wondering is it possible to not change train.

No. There are no direct trains from Interlaken Ost to Milano Centrale.

>> So if I go from interlaken to milan via Domodossola without having to change train, is this possible?

No. The timetable will give you all the options. You will have to change trains at least once, regardless of which route you take.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Best route for 3 days with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.