Best route from Florence to St Moritz to Venice

Best route from Florence to St Moritz to Venice

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Connie
Connie
1 post
Jul 2, 2018 - 11:45 PM

I am coming from Florence and am planning an overnight stay in St Moritz on July 31 and am interested to use the Bernina Express (at least one-way). I also plan to be in Venice by AUg 1 afternoon.

Do I have to get a return ticket for Milan-Tirona-St Moritz-Tirona then Milan before I can proceed to Venice? Or is there an alternative route from St Moritz (different from Bernina Express and/or train from Tirona to Milan to get to Venice from St Moritz?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3693 posts
expert
Jul 3, 2018 - 2:57 AM in reply to Connie

Hello Connie and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Some alternate routes to get from St Moritz to Venice using a mix of bus and train.

If you want to stick with trains then you will need to go via Milan in both directions.

Last modified on Jul 3, 2018 - 2:58 AM by rockoyster
Lucas
Lucas
7163 posts
expert &
Jul 3, 2018 - 5:42 AM in reply to Connie

Hi Connie,

During your trip, it will be useful to know the Swiss railways timetable: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable. It will give you the quickest routes by default to your destination. Indeed there are few options in that part of Switzerland/Italy to get around. Information about the Bernina Express can be found at https://www.myswissalp s.com/berninaexpress.

Last modified on Jul 3, 2018 - 5:26 PM by Annika
rockoyster
rockoyster
3693 posts
expert
Jul 3, 2018 - 6:10 AM in reply to Connie

An option to the Bernina Express is the Palm Express from Lugano to St Moritz.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018