Best route from Florence to St Moritz to Venice

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Connie
Connie
1 post
Jul 2, 2018 - 11:45 PM

I am coming from Florence and am planning an overnight stay in St Moritz on July 31 and am interested to use the Bernina Express (at least one-way). I also plan to be in Venice by AUg 1 afternoon.

Do I have to get a return ticket for Milan-Tirona-St Moritz-Tirona then Milan before I can proceed to Venice? Or is there an alternative route from St Moritz (different from Bernina Express and/or train from Tirona to Milan to get to Venice from St Moritz?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4625 posts
expert
Jul 3, 2018 - 2:57 AM in reply to Connie

Hello Connie and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Some alternate routes to get from St Moritz to Venice using a mix of bus and train.

If you want to stick with trains then you will need to go via Milan in both directions.

Last modified on Jul 3, 2018 - 2:58 AM by rockoyster
Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Jul 3, 2018 - 5:42 AM in reply to Connie

Hi Connie,

During your trip, it will be useful to know the Swiss railways timetable: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable. It will give you the quickest routes by default to your destination. Indeed there are few options in that part of Switzerland/Italy to get around. Information about the Bernina Express can be found at https://www.myswissalp s.com/berninaexpress.

Last modified on Jul 3, 2018 - 5:26 PM by Annika
rockoyster
rockoyster
4625 posts
expert
Jul 3, 2018 - 6:10 AM in reply to Connie

An option to the Bernina Express is the Palm Express from Lugano to St Moritz.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019