Switzerland 5 day route for my itinerary in March?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2018 at 0:15:59 #814323

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to explore Switzerland through rail in 5 days, starting march 17. my plan is Rhine falls–Lucerne( Titlis)–Interlaken–Montreux–Bern.

I am planning to go to Italy with eurorail pass for two country as I am travelling from London.

I need your guidance on my route in Switzerland and from where I should travel to Italy.(I am planning to travel in night train from bern to rome with euro rail pass)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2018 at 8:47:04 #876098

Hi Poojauk and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Are you entering Switzerland on a train from London? You could come in via Geneva or Basel. If Geneva, then visit Montreux, Interlaken, Lucerne and Bern. I wouldn’t worry too much about the Rheinfall to be honest.

If you come in from Basel, go: Lucerne, Interlaken, Montreux and Bern. It sounds like you are catching a train from Bern to Rome?

You can also enjoy the scenic Golden Pass route that runs between Montreux to Interlaken to Lucerne.

Have a look at the Eurail Select Pass and see how to buy it online here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2018 at 22:05:25 #876099

Thanks Lucas.

I am entering Switzerland through flight in Zurich. I will go as per the route you suggested.

Yes, I am going to catch a train from Bern to Rome?

will add the scenic Golden Pass route.

I had a look at the Eurail Select Pass …and got confused as I am citizen of India and working in London from last two years.Can you Please suggest me which pass to go for Is it inter-rail or Euro rail to book for.

Thanks for your revert I have alerted my plan as per your suggestion.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    11 February 2018 at 22:55:23 #876100

Hi Poojauk,

Since you entering Switzerland at Kloten (Zurich airport) I think you have the right route. First to see the Rheinfall, then to Lucerne, followed by Interlaken, Montreux, and finally to Berne. This way you are covering the locations you desire to see and at the same time keeping the distance you have to travel to a minimum. No doubt you will be researching and planning what you would like to see or do at each of these places (I notice you already mentioned Titlis). I assume this is your first trip and hope that you enjoy every moment. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. You will not be disappointed with the Swiss rail system.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2018 at 8:34:31 #876101

Hi poojauk,

It’s about citizenship (the country in your passport). If you have a British passport you can use Interrail passes, but no Eurail passes. If you have an Indian passport you qualify for Eurail, not Interrail. If you have both nationalities you can choose either. You can find those passes here.

• The thread ‘Switzerland 5 day route for my itinerary in March?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.