Best season to take the Bernina Express

Best season to take the Bernina Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Buka45
Buka45
5 posts
Jun 3, 2017 - 4:38 AM

I realize that this is subjective, but I'm curious as your favorite time of year to take the Bernini Express. I'd love to go at a time when there is a lot of green and snow on the mountains. Is there a best month to find both green and white?

Arno
Arno
10361 posts
expert &
Jun 3, 2017 - 9:09 AM

Hi Buka45,

I would say May is the best month for your objectives. Please see:

Buka45
Buka45
5 posts
Jun 4, 2017 - 4:45 PM

Thank you.

In May, although local trains leave regularly along the same route, is there only one Panoramic train per day scheduled?

Arno, thank you for your help. Before I found the Swiss forum, it was hard to figure out how to get from Tirano to Lugano or to Lake Como than it was a few years ago.

Lucas
Lucas
5656 posts
expert &
Jun 5, 2017 - 8:29 AM in reply to Buka45

Hi Buka45,

There is usually always just one Bernina Express train departure per day from Chur. During the summer season there is a 2nd one that departs from Davos and other from St. Moritz, all going to Tirano. You can read more about the route on the link Arno gave you above.

You shouldn't have any trouble booking the Bernina Express for May as long as you don't leave the reservations too late!

Buka45
Buka45
5 posts
Jun 5, 2017 - 10:17 PM in reply to Lucas

Lucas,

Thank you. We have flown into both Zurich and Geneva a few times but never had a reason to go East. Always wanted to take the Bernini Express. Thank you.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018