What to do for 5 days in Grindelwald – early March

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2018 at 10:33:37 #813991

Hi guys. I need some expert advice.

My partner and I are planning a 4-5 day trip to Grindewald, March 5th to 10th. We are both non skiers but keen hikers. I’m a bit overwhelmed with choosing the correct activities, rail pass etc. Not too sure on the weather around this time of year. Is this classed as low season?

We are interested in sledge riding..day or night which is Best? And going Jungfraujoch. Apart from that we are at a bit of a loss.

Has anyone done a trip for this duration and in this region? We are happy to do anything. Maybe even have a try at skiing, if that is even an option.

Thank you for your time.

Shan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2018 at 10:45:02 #873972

Hi Shanpassmore and welcome to MySwissAlps!

So there will be few if any hikes available to you at that time of year – snowshoeing though won’t be a problem! Also sledging is possible – have a look at the hiking and sledging pass here which might work well for you: https://www.jungfrau.c h/en-gb/jungfrau-ski-region/jungfrau-region-hiking-and-sledging-pass/

You can read more about weather here. In early March it is still high season for skiing and that’s what most people will be doing there. I would expect fairly cold temperature and a fair bit of snow.

For details on the trip to Jungfraujoch click here.

For more details on Grindelwald and what to do there try our web page here.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    11 January 2018 at 1:55:41 #873973

Hi Shan,

All I can say is be sure you go up the other valley to Lauterbrunnen and then up by train to Wengen.

• The thread ‘What to do for 5 days in Grindelwald – early March’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.