Best site to buy Swiss Travel Passes for July 2018

Best site to buy Swiss Travel Passes for July 2018

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
buck000
buck000
8 posts
Apr 6, 2018 - 2:18 AM

Hi, everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked thousands of times before, but where can I buy the Swiss Travel Pass (for 4 of us) for the first couple of weeks of July, 2018?

I have looked at SBB, but the Valid From date seem to only allow 2 months advance purchase, that is, as of today I could only select up to 5 June.

I looked at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price but didn't see any hints on when I can get tickets for that timeframe.

I saw some search results that said (many) months in advance, but am still confused as to how I can get these passes.

We would really like to lock in our Swiss Travel Passes, as well as get reservations for the longer/scenic train rides we are planning to do, as soon as possible.

Help? Thanks a bunch...

rockoyster
rockoyster
3395 posts
expert
Apr 6, 2018 - 2:50 AM in reply to buck000

Hello Buck and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Any of the retailers listed in the MySwissAlps link you posted above should be able to help.

The official Swiss Railways shop for tourist passes is www.swissrailways.com.

BUT . . . . you don't need to "lock them in". They don't sell out and the price won't change (unless a rare promotion pops up).

You can go ahead and make reservations before you buy the pass.

buck000
buck000
8 posts
Apr 6, 2018 - 2:54 AM

Thanks very much for the quick reply. All the best to you...!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018