Best site to buy Swiss Travel Passes for July 2018

• buck000
    Participant
    8 posts
    6 April 2018 at 2:18:57 #815159

Hi, everyone,

I’m sure this has been asked thousands of times before, but where can I buy the Swiss Travel Pass (for 4 of us) for the first couple of weeks of July, 2018?

I have looked at SBB, but the Valid From date seem to only allow 2 months advance purchase, that is, as of today I could only select up to 5 June.

I looked at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price but didn’t see any hints on when I can get tickets for that timeframe.

I saw some search results that said (many) months in advance, but am still confused as to how I can get these passes.

We would really like to lock in our Swiss Travel Passes, as well as get reservations for the longer/scenic train rides we are planning to do, as soon as possible.

Help? Thanks a bunch…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 April 2018 at 2:50:40 #881104

Hello Buck and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Any of the retailers listed in the MySwissAlps link you posted above should be able to help.

The official Swiss Railways shop for tourist passes is http://www.swissrailways.com.

BUT . . . . you don’t need to “lock them in”. They don’t sell out and the price won’t change (unless a rare promotion pops up).

You can go ahead and make reservations before you buy the pass.

buck000
    Participant
    8 posts
    6 April 2018 at 2:54:03 #881105

Thanks very much for the quick reply. All the best to you…!

• The thread ‘Best site to buy Swiss Travel Passes for July 2018’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.