Best ticket for Zurich-Zermatt for skiing

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2020 at 22:10:44 #825241

Hi, the following is my itinerary:

18/2 Zurich to zermatt

19-20/2 ski in zermatt ( buy two days ski pass)

21/2 zermatt to Zurich

22/2 Zurich to Zurich airport

May I know your recommendations of the cheapest way of purchasing train tickets throughout my trip ?

Just my husband and I

thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 February 2020 at 2:52:49 #930258

Hello Vanissaoy and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

A Saver Day Pass is probably the cheapest way to get from Zurich to Zermatt and back. You’ll need one each for each direction. Best price is CHF52 but it increases closer to travel time you may be too late to get that price. From Zurich to the airport just buy a regular ticket – it’s only a 10 minute ride. Once at Zermatt your ski pass should cover your transport needs.

If you are not dependent on flight arrivals then you can look at Supersaver fares but they are tied to a particular train departure and arrival time.

For checking timetables and finding the best fares see http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/checking-train-timetables

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2020 at 8:34:00 #930259

Can we still buy saver day pass today? Or can we just get it at train station on 18/2?

Thank you so much! Your information is clear! This forum is great! I was so unsure about the information I browse on several websites. Thanks a lot!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2020 at 9:32:32 #930260

Hello Vanissaoy,

Both options are ok, whereas buying it in advance is normally cheaper. See purchase options below:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass/price

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Best ticket for Zurich-Zermatt for skiing’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.