Best tickets for a family for 2 days Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2018 at 0:43:56 #816126

considering trip to Interlocken and visiting mountains and mountain towns from there. We are a family of five: 2 adults, 16 yo, 14 yo, 11 yo. What is most affordable ticket option to get to mountain towns and potentially peaks for just a couple days? I found site tad confusing. THANK YOU!

Also, bike riding down seems like a fun activity. Thoughts?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    21 May 2018 at 13:06:55 #885922

Hi haleykarish, welcome to MySwissAlps! There are lots of pass options, and which one’s best depends on all details of your specific itinerary. Will you be making a long inbound/outbound trip to/from Interlaken by train as well, for example? Do you plan to visit many mountain tops or just one? Will you be focusing at the Jungfrau region only or are you interested in some longer trips too? At what time of the year will you be traveling? I think you’d best read myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass. You may want to narrow down your options by looking at these passes specifically:

With the Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card, your 14 and 11 year old will travel along for free if you get the (free) Swiss Family Card.

I hope this gets you started!

• The thread ‘Best tickets for a family for 2 days Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.