Best train pass for 8 days including group tours?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2019 at 14:30:20 #822651

I will be traveling through Switzerland in a few weeks and would love advice on the best train ticket to purchase. I have done much reading but am finding I still could use some help please.

Night 1 – Zurich

Night 2 – Lucerne

Night 3 through 6 – Interlaken

Night 7 – Zermatt

Night 8 – Zurich

Flexibility is useful and in Interlaken I plan to take day trips each day (Jungfraujoch, Grindelwald, etc). There will be 2 adults traveling. I will likely be signing up for group tours at some of the locations and most of those include costs of transportation and admittance fees already. Thanks for any help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    4 July 2019 at 14:57:52 #916906

Hi Marisadvm, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

An 8 day Swiss Travel Pass provides most flexibility: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass. However, if you’ll be joining group tours in which traveling costs are included, it may not be the most economic option. A Swiss Half Fare Card could be better in that case: myswissalps.com/swissh alffarecard. You’ll be less flexible though, as you’ll have to buy discounted tickets for each trip. If you’d like to calculate which option suits your plans best, please see myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

• The thread ‘Best train pass for 8 days including group tours?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.