Rail pass for 8 days in Switzerland suggestions

• fiaz88
    Participant
    2 posts
    19 July 2017 at 16:05:14 #812664

Greetings..

hi guys.. would like to take suggestion….

My itenary as follows:

Arriving Zurich airport on 7th August 2017(morning) and taking a train to Lucerne and spending 2 nights .Planning to visit Mt Titlis and other landmarks in Lucerne and then checking out on 9th august to Interlaken -At Interlaken planning for Jungfrau and back to Zurich on 12th August .In Zurich staying for 2 nights.planning for short day trip to Rhine falls and departing on 14th august.Can I use the rail to reach rhine fall, which is the station you need to get off.

Would really appreciate if any one can suggest best rail pass.i am traveling with my wife and two kids- 8 & 13.And can I buy the pass from the rail station(at the Zurich airport) plus the family card.

Is swiss half card pass a good option or flexi pass???

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2017 at 7:06:14 #867042

Hi Fiaz88 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass that would work quite well for you. You can order the Swiss Family Card (free) at the same time which will covers your children for all trips.

This pass covers all your trips (adults) except some mountain tops (you must pay a portion of the ticket price, explained here: Jungfraujoch and Mt. Titlis). Be sure to read through the where it is valid page here to see all routes and major attractions that are covered (or just partially covered). The children travel free on the Swiss Family Card always (even if the adults need to pay a portion of the ticket to a mountain).

You can buy the Swiss Travel Pass online actually – here. This way you can have it emailed to you and printed at home so there is no need to go to the rail office at the airport and stand in line to buy it. Just hop on your train to Luzern straight away!

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to find out how to get to the Rheinfall. You can go to either Neuhausen Rheinfall or Schloss Laufen Am Rheinfall

Let me know if you have further questions!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Rail pass for 8 days in Switzerland suggestions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.