Best way to carry my Swiss Travel Pass e-ticket?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2017 at 21:03:59 #813398

What is the best way to carry the swiss travel pass e-tickets? Just printed them off and they carry a bit of a warning about not getting them wet and smudging up the passes- I assume because they maybe couldn’t get scanned? Anyway, can i / should i just fold them up and put them in a jacket pocket as I travel? Should i put some kind of clear plastic protector on them?

Other ideas? Thanks in advance for your replies…This forum is awesome

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 October 2017 at 0:35:34 #870422

Someone mentioned recently that they hadt he relevant part of theirs laminated. You can also print a few spares to take with you and/or keep a copy of the pdf on a thumb drive so you can print a fresh one (at your hotel) if the original gets damaged. The Flex STP which can’t be printed at home arrives in a foldable plastic sleeve complete with coverage map. Someone may know if these plastic sleeves are available at SBB ticket counters.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2017 at 1:43:46 #870423

Thanks for the reply.. may do the same thing.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2017 at 9:02:51 #870424

Hi mou10mn,

You can pick up a protective sleeve at a SBB office. Folding would be fine and keeping it secured somewhere – just avoid folding on the bar code they scan. As Rockoyster mentioned you can always print another copy if need be.

Have a great trip!

• The thread ‘Best way to carry my Swiss Travel Pass e-ticket?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.