Best way to Schilthorn from Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 13:41:30 #816746

Hi Experts,

Need your advice ( again)

I plan to have a one day trip to Schillthorn from Luzern. SO far I have heard contrasting views on the way to travel. Going up and coming down both.

I want the best of both worlds ( scenic beauty wise) and also want to visit the waterfalls on the way

Can someone help me with the best way to go up and come down and visit the waterfalls too. And in as much details as you can please guys. Cause this one is tough for us first time visitors and without any packaged tours.:(

Also a round trip ticket from Interlaken to Schillthorn will cover both ways or we need separate tickets?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 18:34:22 #888779

Hi Kapil,

I would always suggest going up one way and down the other way as noted on our website here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/schilthorn/getti ngthere – best of both worlds.

When you are on the bus traveling via Stechelberg you can get off at the bus stop from Trummelback falls (that is the waterfalls you mean?) for a visit and then continue on.

I thought based on an earlier post you are buying (or bought) the Swiss Travel Pass? If that is the case you don’t need to buy any tickets.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 19:27:11 #888780

Hi,

I am still planning to buy the pass. But based on your reco , I am making the iterniary first and checking the costs on the excel you guys gave to see if the swiss pass is worth it.

Based on initial research, it appears expensive but still worth it. Wish you guys gave some offer..lol

So would you say going up and down the way you guys have recommended and on the way down, stop at the falls?

PS: Switzerland is expensive buddy. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 23:00:52 #888781

If you want cheaper prices, Slovenia is an alpine country with cheap prices, but then it isn’t Switzerland…

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 5:43:41 #888782

Don’t I know it! haha. $$$ You can’t avoid the prices in Switzerland unfortunately. We do have some money saving tips here though: https://www.myswissalp s.com/plantrip/doityou rself/savemoney

Sometimes there are promotions offered by companies for rail passes. Currently there is this promotion: https://www.myswissalp s.com/forum/topic/prom o-80-or-95-discount-on-rail-passes-tickets not sure if it applies to you though?

I’d base the route order on weather – check in the morning and if it looks good at Schilthorn go straight there and stop at the falls on the way down. Otherwise do the falls first and check the weather again after.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 14:49:12 #888783

It isn’t Switzerland..True that..

Somehow ‘Bollywood’ has made Switzerland a must visit destination for Indian tourists 😉

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 14:50:31 #888784

Thanks.

Il take the route you guys have mentioned then.

Go up via Cablecar from Grusthalp and back via schtleberg..Please ignore the spelling mistakes..Apologies

• The thread ‘Best way to Schilthorn from Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.