Best way to spend a day in Montreux mid August

• mdattawade
    Participant
    2 posts
    23 January 2018 at 17:32:41 #814123

I plan to arrive Montruex by Golder Pass Line from Interlaken around 11:00 AM in mid August. What is the best possible way to spend the rest of day in Mountruex before heading back to Interlaken?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2018 at 19:33:25 #874952

Hi mdattawade, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Have a look at Montreux activities. If you like to walk you could go for a stroll along the lakeshore, or take a train towards St. Saphorin (19 minutes) walk to Lutry and enjoy the Lavaux vineyards.

Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    23 January 2018 at 21:39:39 #874953

mdattawade,

We absolutely loved our visit to Chillon Castle. You could still do the vineyardslater in the afternoon.

mdattawade
    Participant
    2 posts
    23 January 2018 at 21:57:23 #874954

Thanks pickergal. how long did it take for you to tour Chillon Castle? I am planning to do Rochers-De-Naye & Chillon Castle. Is it possible to do both?

Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    23 January 2018 at 22:25:48 #874955

I have never done Rochers-De-Naye so I don’t know how long that takes but the Castle is 2 – 3 hours. It all depends on how leisurely you want to be. One thing to know beforehand, if you are planning to take the boat from the castle make sure you know the departure times. In September, we had to wait 45 minutes or so for the next departure so we had to force ourselves to sit by the lake with a bottle of wine. Life is rough! haha

• The thread ‘Best way to spend a day in Montreux mid August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.