Best way to spend a day in Montreux mid August

Best way to spend a day in Montreux mid August

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mdattawade
mdattawade
2 posts
Jan 23, 2018 - 5:32 PM

I plan to arrive Montruex by Golder Pass Line from Interlaken around 11:00 AM in mid August. What is the best possible way to spend the rest of day in Mountruex before heading back to Interlaken?

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Jan 23, 2018 - 7:33 PM in reply to mdattawade

Hi mdattawade, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Have a look at Montreux activities. If you like to walk you could go for a stroll along the lakeshore, or take a train towards St. Saphorin (19 minutes) walk to Lutry and enjoy the Lavaux vineyards.

Last modified on Jan 23, 2018 - 7:34 PM by Chantal
Pickergal
Pickergal
63 posts
Jan 23, 2018 - 9:39 PM

mdattawade,

We absolutely loved our visit to Chillon Castle. You could still do the vineyardslater in the afternoon.

mdattawade
mdattawade
2 posts
Jan 23, 2018 - 9:57 PM in reply to Pickergal

Thanks pickergal. how long did it take for you to tour Chillon Castle? I am planning to do Rochers-De-Naye & Chillon Castle. Is it possible to do both?

Pickergal
Pickergal
63 posts
Jan 23, 2018 - 10:25 PM

I have never done Rochers-De-Naye so I don't know how long that takes but the Castle is 2 - 3 hours. It all depends on how leisurely you want to be. One thing to know beforehand, if you are planning to take the boat from the castle make sure you know the departure times. In September, we had to wait 45 minutes or so for the next departure so we had to force ourselves to sit by the lake with a bottle of wine. Life is rough! haha

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018