Best wishes for MySwissAlps forum

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2020 at 9:11:53 #825467

Just a message to the moderators. Things have quietened down for you at the moment. But a huge thank you for all you do in better times. Keep well and look forward to reading your valued advice on the other side of all this. Much love

Sharon

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6358 posts
    21 March 2020 at 17:00:23 #931496

Thank you so much Sharon. That means a lot.

I feel bad that some of you have had to cancel you trips which you have planned for so long. Hopefully things will return to normal soon and we can all go back to our routines. In the meantime, we will continue to moderate the forum and help you travel your future trips.

Stay safe and regards,

Anna

IrishVal
    Participant
    6 posts
    21 March 2020 at 23:54:02 #931497

I Agree thank you so much. We will get through this nightmare and come out the other side. I’m booked to go in July and know it might not happen. But I guarantee you that I will be rebooking to come to your beautiful country again. Love to all in Switzerland from all here on Ireland 🇮🇪 xxx

Caroline679
    Participant
    47 posts
    22 March 2020 at 0:51:30 #931498

There are plenty of us “out here” who are so grateful for MySwissAlps and the people on this terrific forum.

As I am nestled inside my home in the U.S., indefinitely, under state mandate for us to “stay in place” during the coronavirus pandemic, my spirits are buoyed by fabulous memories of two recent hiking trips in Switzerland. Those vivid memories do my soul such good. The jaw-dropping, stunning, and elegant beauty of the Alps lifts and inspires me. I suspect it always will.

In this time of unprecedented worry and concern for one another as we all stand still, we can be nourished by the experiences of a lifetime that MySwissAlps helps facilitate; by the power of such a gorgeous alpine country to touch us deeply; by the many moments of decency and generosity extended to each of us as we asked questions and dared to venture into unknown places, meet new people, and better appreciate our fellow world citizens.

Thank you, MySwissAlps for opening us up to new experiences and the treasure of lasting memories. May we all keep our hearts just as open to one another in these months ahead.

Perhaps a welcome start would be for any of us to share one of our pictures from a trip to Switzerland, just every now and then, to lift each other up… and to inspire one another’s dreams until we all can travel together once again.

Gratefully,

Caroline

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2020 at 11:20:05 #931499

Hello Denandshazza, IrishVal and Caroline 679,

Thank you Denandshazza for starting this thread!

Thank you Denandshazza, IrishVal and Caroline 679 (your photo) for all your kind words, consideration, and all your positive energies. It is much appreciated!

We will get through this! Be safe everyone.

With love from Switzerland,

Suzanne

Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    22 March 2020 at 13:31:37 #931500

I would like to add my thanks to the moderators – stay safe and well everyone.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2020 at 14:07:44 #931501

A big thanks Hudspith! I appreciate the message.

Take care. With love from Switzerland,

Suzanne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2020 at 16:16:22 #931502

At the darkest hours for folks on both ends, I wanted to add my ‘thank you’ too all of the hard work and prompt replies this forum has produced, and continue to inform us the latest development in this beautiful country. Like IrishVal we booked late July to early Aug to visit this wonderful place for the first time, if for whatever reason we have to postpone it we’ll definitely be back next year. Stay safe everyone!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2020 at 16:44:55 #931503

And here believe it or not is a question I would like to post some pictures can you tell me how please?

Bless10s
    Participant
    33 posts
    22 March 2020 at 23:04:03 #931504

I too want to thank you for this forum. I am in NJ, in the USA. I started planning our family trip to Switzerland the end of January for this upcoming end of June/July. Our trip was to celebrate my daughters college graduation, our 30th anniversary and my son’s engagement with a wedding planned for 2021. Although, I am fairly certain our trip will not happen, I am still leaving a bit of hope. If not this year than we hope to be there next year, just not sure if the kids will be able to join us. Thanks to this forum a lot of the planning is done and it will be easy to reschedule our trip.

Best of luck to all and stay safe!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2020 at 0:34:42 #931505

Thank you to all who contribute valuable information for all, while those of us hope and dream of coming to see the beauty that Switzerland is. I sit in my home in Ohio, USA with a stay at home order. Travel plans are scheduled for early July this year to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and a high school graduation. It’s ok if plans have to change I’d rather we be safe and healthy! I’ve not rescheduled or canceled yet.

Timbertrail
    Participant
    73 posts
    23 March 2020 at 1:01:01 #931506

I think about all of you in Switzerland as you navigate this incredible turn of events. My dream trip of a lifetime was scheduled for end of May. Everyone on this forum has been so amazingly helpful and quick to reply with so many wonderful ideas and valuable information. It breaks my heart that your country is going through this. It breaks my heart that the world is going through this. I am certain I will be cancelling this trip I planned for over a year. It’s been such fun meeting you all in this virtual world and reading your advice and suggestions. I will at least have that and hopefully we can reschedule in a year or so. God bless you all from New York State, USA, where we are in isolation in Lake Placid in the Adirondack Mountains, which many of our European residents call “Little Switzerland”.

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    23 March 2020 at 1:10:49 #931507

Here’s my contribution…

On the Eiger trail…

Caroline679
    Participant
    47 posts
    23 March 2020 at 1:55:41 #931508

Hey there, pkerr… Here is your Eiger Trail again, as seen from our perch on top of Faulhorn.

Did you know we were looking across the valley at you? : )

‘Such great countryside, everywhere one looks!

Take good care, one and all. Future adventures await. In the meantime, keep your spirits up with positive thoughts!

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    23 March 2020 at 3:34:26 #931509

Where? Where?

i dint see an attachment.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2020 at 5:30:46 #931510

Hello Denandshazza,

You can attach photos up to 1MB of size to any post, as an attachment.

Hope it works now, otherwise get back to us.

Best and stay well.

Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2020 at 5:34:34 #931511

Hello everyone,

Thank you also from my side for all the positive input and feedback you’re providing about our forum. You all also are a big part of it, so THANK YOU to all of you too!!!

Things here in Switzerland, as in other places in the world, are fairly strange at the moment, but we are blessed to live here, compared to other situations we’re still quite comfortable and “safe”.

Hope you all get the opportunity to complete your Switzerland travel plans sometimes in the future.

Stay positive, healthy and take good care all of you!

Best,
    Steph

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    23 March 2020 at 7:41:25 #931512

Yeah, I also thought she was going to post a photo.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    23 March 2020 at 7:58:24 #931513

Here’s a photo quiz for everybody. So fill in the blanks. View from the top of the ______ (known as the Pyramid) with Lac ______ in the foreground, Lac ______in the background, and __________ on the flat plain between the two lakes. Not the best quality image, as it was taken with my Samsung natel, and it was starting to get a bit hazy.

Answers tomorrow.

Victoria
    Participant
    64 posts
    23 March 2020 at 9:55:47 #931514

Nielsen, Thun, Brienz, Interlaken?

Lightbodyae5
    Participant
    21 posts
    23 March 2020 at 11:38:46 #931515

Hi Everyone

I would just like to say thank you to all at this forum, for the help and advice given over the time I have been a member of this wonderful forum.

As my wife is one of those persons that is in the vulnerable category, and has to self isolate for 12 weeks, our holiday to Switzerland starting 21st May will now have to be postponed probably till late September beginning October this year.

Stay safe and well, and please take notice of all advice given by the professionals.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • The thread ‘Best wishes for MySwissAlps forum’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.