Bettmergrat is the same as Bettmerhorn ?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
swissfans
swissfans
15 posts
Aug 14, 2017 - 8:04 AM

I am planning to take a hike along the recommended trail next to the Aletsch Glacier as described in www.myswissalps.com/be ttmerhorn/gettingthere but I am a bit confused by the name of cable car / gondola stations. According to the map, I am supposed to start hiking at the "Bettmergrat" station. In this webpage ( www.aletscharena.ch/ca bleways/tickets-prices/single-trips/ ) there is ride from Betten Talstation to "Bettmerhorn" ,does "Bettmerhorn" refer to the "Bettmergrat" station ? if not, I will need to take a separate ride from the "Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn)" station to "Bettmergrat". Where can I find the corresponding price ? Thanks.

Lucas
Lucas
9841 posts
expert &
Aug 15, 2017 - 7:34 AM in reply to swissfans

Hi Swissfans,

Essentially yes, Bettmerhorn is the mountain name and Bettmergrat station is the top gondola station on the mountain (so you will see both used interchangeably, unfortunately).

To find schedules and prices there is a direct link on our Bettmerhorn page here. It will take you to the time table page but there is a link to ticket prices as well.

You can buy a ticket from Betten Talstation to Bettmerhorn as a single trip or round trip (one ticket covers both gondolas) = Betten Talstation to Bettmeralp and then Bettmeralp to Bettmerhorn.

Phew. lots of fun names in this country. :)

Lucas

swissfans
swissfans
15 posts
Aug 15, 2017 - 9:34 AM in reply to Lucas

Many Thanks, Lucas.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018