Bernina Express from Tirano to St Moritz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 11:29:55 #815360

Hi! I have bought Bernina Express tickets from Tirano (10:06am) to St Moritz and return on the same day, St Moritz (3:10pm) to Tirano.

1. At which station does the train stop and I have to alight from? Pontressina or St Moritz?

2. Where can I go in between there is about 90minutes of time? I’m with my parents, both in their early 60s.

Thank you very much.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 15:13:05 #882432

Hi sc, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. You will get off in St. Moritz as you bought a ticket Tirano – St. Moritz.
    2. I guess the 90 minutes are in St. Moritz? You could go for a stroll along the lake or have lunch.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2018 at 21:18:39 #882433

The lake is very close to the railway station so an ideal place for a picnic lunch which you could buy in the station if you have Swiss francs. Or buy something (with euros) in Tirano before you set off.

Maggie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2018 at 5:11:33 #882434

>> 1. At which station does the train stop and I have to alight from? Pontressina or St Moritz?

What is your travel date?

>> 2. Where can I go in between there is about 90minutes of time? I’m with my parents, both in their early 60s.

If the weather doesn’t lend itself well to a walk or picnic by the lake, you could go up to St Moritz Dorf and have a look around the town. You can get a free town map from the information counter inside the station.

The town centre is about 500 metres uphill from the station. To get there

• exit the station on the side away from the lake
    • turn left, and walk past the area where all the buses stop to the Serletta Parkhaus (parking garage)
    • Inside the garage is Switzerland’s longest escalator, which takes you up to the street called Via Serlas, where you will emerge next to Badrutt’s Palace hotel
    • From there you can just follow your nose and stroll around the town.

From inside the Serletta Parkhaus, before going up the escalator, you can walk out onto a little viewing platform overlooking the lake.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2018 at 5:20:53 #882435

Thank you Chantal, Maggie and Alpenrose.

My travel date is April 25, 2018.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2018 at 6:55:56 #882436

Hi sc,

>> I have bought Bernina Express tickets from Tirano (10:06am) to St Moritz and return on the same day, St Moritz (3:10pm) to Tirano. 1. At which station does the train stop and I have to alight from? Pontressina or St Moritz? … My travel date is April 25, 2018.

I can confirm that the 10:06 Bernina Express from Tirano on 25 April 2018 goes directly to St Moritz without the need to change trains in Pontresina.

Likewise, the 3:12 Bernina Express from St Moritz to Tirano goes direct – no transfers required.

You can always use the Swiss Timetable to check departure/arrival times, the route, and stops at which any transfers are required.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

(Use the timetable on the right, with the red SBB logo.)

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Bernina Express from Tirano to St Moritz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.