Renting bicycles in Swiss cities to explore

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Enigma
Enigma
11 posts
Oct 28, 2018 - 9:51 PM

Hello,

I am visiting in May next year and will be staying in Lucerne, Interlaken, Zermatt and Zurich.

What are the regulations and costs for hiring a bike in these cities, especially Lucerne and Zurich? Will it cheaper or faster than using the public transport?

Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
9883 posts
expert &
Oct 29, 2018 - 6:58 AM in reply to Enigma

Hi Enigma,

If you have a Swiss Travel Pass (as you mentioned on another thread) then you travel free on public transit in those cities and most others. www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity - so renting a bike for the day won't be cheaper and I doubt it would be faster.

A nice option if the weather is good for some sightseeing though. Here is some details on bike rentals in Zurich: www.zuerich.com/en/vis it/bike-hire-in-zurich

Enigma
Enigma
11 posts
Oct 31, 2018 - 7:56 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas.

Yes, I was exploring the bike option for sightseeing. And I see your point about public transport. Will check out the link you shared.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018