Birg and Schilthorn weather at end of June

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
MarvinH
MarvinH
12 posts
May 1, 2017 - 5:20 AM

Hi Arno and Anita,

Hope both of you are doing well.

I plan to visit BO in end of June, wonder if there is still snow in Birg and Schilthorn. Hope you can give us guidance.

Thanks,

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
May 1, 2017 - 12:55 PM in reply to MarvinH

Hi Marvin,

Yes, I would anticipate snow being still there at the top in June. I'm not sure about Birg but there are webcams for Schilthorn you can check out before you go.

Lucas

MarvinH
MarvinH
12 posts
May 2, 2017 - 6:04 AM

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the information and your prompt responds. Regarding the snow, would the Schilthorn peak still fully covered by the snow or it just in some part of the peak which is not accessible without any appropriate equipment?

Thanks,

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
May 2, 2017 - 7:51 AM in reply to MarvinH

Yes, just parts of the area may be inaccessible due to snow (or not fun) without proper boots etc. You can still enjoy the peak and I would go up unless there is heavy clouds obscuring your views.

The webcam yesterday looked horrible, but right it looks awesome!

Lucas

Last modified on May 2, 2017 - 7:52 AM by Lucas
MarvinH
MarvinH
12 posts
May 2, 2017 - 8:34 AM

Thanks Lucas, really appreciate your prompt responds.. Yeah, saw it yesterday, it was horrible!

So I could expect that there is still large volume of snows on top of the peak even at the end of June, right?

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
May 2, 2017 - 8:37 AM in reply to MarvinH

Yup, I don't know about large volumes of snow though that you have to trudge through...but it'll be around. :)

You are at about 10,000 feet up top so the weather is unpredictable and often cold year-round.
Hopefully you luck out and get sunny and warm temperatures!

Lucas

Last modified on May 2, 2017 - 8:38 AM by Lucas
MarvinH
MarvinH
12 posts
May 4, 2017 - 2:24 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Got it. Thanks for your thorough explanation, appreciate it! =)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018