Birg and Schilthorn weather at end of June

• MarvinH
    Participant
    18 posts
    1 May 2017 at 5:20:04 #811624

Hi Arno and Anita,

Hope both of you are doing well.

I plan to visit BO in end of June, wonder if there is still snow in Birg and Schilthorn. Hope you can give us guidance.

Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 12:55:44 #862570

Hi Marvin,

Yes, I would anticipate snow being still there at the top in June. I’m not sure about Birg but there are webcams for Schilthorn you can check out before you go.

Lucas

MarvinH
    Participant
    18 posts
    2 May 2017 at 6:04:52 #862571

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the information and your prompt responds. Regarding the snow, would the Schilthorn peak still fully covered by the snow or it just in some part of the peak which is not accessible without any appropriate equipment?

Thanks,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 7:51:22 #862572

Yes, just parts of the area may be inaccessible due to snow (or not fun) without proper boots etc. You can still enjoy the peak and I would go up unless there is heavy clouds obscuring your views.

The webcam yesterday looked horrible, but right it looks awesome!

Lucas

MarvinH
    Participant
    18 posts
    2 May 2017 at 8:34:15 #862573

Thanks Lucas, really appreciate your prompt responds.. Yeah, saw it yesterday, it was horrible!

So I could expect that there is still large volume of snows on top of the peak even at the end of June, right?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 8:37:19 #862574

Yup, I don’t know about large volumes of snow though that you have to trudge through…but it’ll be around. 🙂

You are at about 10,000 feet up top so the weather is unpredictable and often cold year-round.
    Hopefully you luck out and get sunny and warm temperatures!

Lucas

MarvinH
    Participant
    18 posts
    4 May 2017 at 2:24:38 #862575

Hi Lucas,

Got it. Thanks for your thorough explanation, appreciate it! =)

• The thread ‘Birg and Schilthorn weather at end of June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.