Bit late in the day, came across this site and hoping I get some help. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids - 8years and 2years) and will be there 22nd to 28th March. We will be staying at Feldbach during our trip at our friends place.
We are looking for suggestions on what to do and where to go. Ticking the touristy stuff is not our prime objective, giving our elder kid a good experience is our prime objective. Potentially cover
1. Scenic train and boat rides;
2. Explore nice small towns where its not all snowy (given the weather has been snowier than usual).
Our tentative schedule is such that
1. Friday and Saturday our friends will be able to drive us, so we intend to do something within few hours’ drive. Please suggest.
2. Sunday to Wednesday we intend to use the 4 day Swiss family pass. We were thinking of
- 1 day Lucern city including transport museum and boat ride. Time permitting do Mt. Rigi.
- 1 day Mt. Titlis or Pilatus to see the snow. (Alternatively, we cover Schilthorn for snow during Interlaken)
- 1 day Interlaken - thinking Harder Kulm (if we can do with Swiss pass during March) or Schilthorn. Any other suggestion on what we can cover.
We are also tempted to do the Bernina Express till the last Swiss stop and return. In between spending time in some of nice towns.
Wednesday (28th march) evening we head to Mulhouse in North France visiting another friend and spend a week there. We are likely to cover chocolate factory, old car factory, Colmar town, Strasbourg. Should we also look to buy a travel pass or should just take bus/train tickets as required.
Hopefully we can get some timely suggestions.