Blonay-Chamby Railroad Museum near Lausanne

Blonay-Chamby Railroad Museum near Lausanne

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Peterli
Peterli
552 posts
top member
May 13, 2018 - 8:24 AM

Anybody who is an old railway fan and travelling near Lausanne in the canton of Vaud may be interested in visiting the Chemin de fer-musée Blonay-Chamby. Their website is in French and German. They are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year and there is an article in RJB about a locomotive that was loaned to the Blonay-Chamby museum by la Traction which is located in the canton of Jura. The la Traction website is in French, German, and English.

Lucas
Lucas
8876 posts
expert &
May 13, 2018 - 5:38 PM in reply to Peterli

Thanks for the tip Peterli! These kind of details and advice really are appreciated!

Peterli
Peterli
552 posts
top member
May 13, 2018 - 6:39 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

I often see things that might be of interest but hesitate if what I have is only in French. I realize that people can dump a French (or German or Italian) text into Google Translate and get an acceptable translation into English. Sometimes there may be audio as well in which case the listener is stuck with the French or German (sometimes Swiss-German) or Italian). All the more reason to encourage people and their children to study a number of languages !

Lucas
Lucas
8876 posts
expert &
May 13, 2018 - 8:35 PM in reply to Peterli

Always better to have a glut of information that may be never needed rather than too little! :) Post away.

I do wish I'd spent a bit more time studying French in school. Living on Canada's West Coast, my teenage brain didn't see a need for it! :(

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018