Two days Jungfrau region with kids based in Mürren

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2019 at 1:34:44 #822663

Hello,

I will be traveling to Mürren on 22 July with my husband and two small children (3 & 6). I have mapped out an itinerary for our two full days of exploring and hoping to get input if this was a doable schedule or too ambitious with my children?!

July 23

Cable Car from Murren- Mannlichen. Hike to Klein Scheidegg.

Train to Grindelwald then gondola to First

Gondola/Train/CC from First back to Murren

July 24

Morning CC from Mürren to Schilthorn (return)

Hike from Mürren to Grutschalp (return on train)

Train from Mürren and then to Allmendhubel (return)

Thank you so much for any insight. We are really looking forward to our trip.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    5 July 2019 at 10:30:24 #916956

Hi Jsmiller83, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

I think you did a good job planning your stay in Mürren. You’ll be having full days, probably a bit tiring for your kids, but you can just go ahead and see if they’re fine with it. There are plenty of options to return earlier if necessary. The Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg hike is classified as an easy trail, but it’s up to you to estimate whether your 3 year old is up for it: https://www.myswissalp s.com/hiking/maennlich en-kleinescheidegg/route.

You can use the timetable to plan your trips: myswissalps.com/timeta ble.

I assume you’ll also be using trains for your inbound and outbound trip to/from Mürren? Overall, I think it’s worth looking into Swiss Half Fare Cards for you and your husband. You’ll be using some pretty expensive mountain transportation and the purchase fare of Swiss Half Fare Cards will easily pay off. The free Swiss Family Card that can be ordered along allows your 6 year old to travel for free on all routes (the 3 year old travels for free anyway). You can find details at myswissalps.com/swissh alffarecard, and calculate which pass or ticket option is best using the guidelines at myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

Mark
    Participant
    803 posts
    6 July 2019 at 11:56:51 #916957

Hi jsmiller

I suspect you already know this but to be sure – from Murren you will take the train and then cc to Lauterbrunnen. Then train to Wengen and walk uphill about 5-10 min to cc that goes to Mannlichen.

Mark

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2019 at 20:25:44 #916958

Thank you both for your responses. Our kids are fairly adventurous and we will have a backpack carrier for the 3 Year old when needed!

I was planning on getting the Swiss Half Fare Card for the 2 adults and the Family card for my 6 year old. We will be traveling to Mürren from Lugano 22 July, and we depart Mürren on 25 July to Luzern for one night and ending at the Zurich Airport. After a lot of calculations I believe the Half Fare Card is more economical than the BO Regional Pass.

Thank you again! Jennifer

• The thread ‘Two days Jungfrau region with kids based in Mürren’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.