Boat cruises included in the Swiss Travel Pass?

• Thapasya
    Participant
    2 posts
    11 July 2022 at 12:49:51 #827741

Hi I am planning a Trip to Switzerland in August and wanted to know how and where should I book the free boat cruises included in the Swiss Travel Pass for lake Brienz, Lake Thun and lake Geneva?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    11 July 2022 at 14:29:53 #944178

Hi Thapasya,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

There is no need for reservation for a regular boat trip. You simply get on board and you are free to sit anywhere you like. Ticket inspections are usually carried out randomly on the boats and all you need to do is flash your Swiss Travel Pass upon request: https://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity

You can find more information about boat trips on the various lakes from the following links:

Do take note that reservations are required for special cruises (such as Sunset cruises, usually offered with special meals and events).

Regards,

Anna

Joejax
    Participant
    93 posts
    11 July 2022 at 15:21:27 #944179

Anna,

I am going to add to the question posed by Thapasya. I have been using the SBB Mobile to track the schedules of all of the trains. How do you get the schedules for the boats. Is there an app I can put on my phone like the SBB mobile

Joejax

EASW
    Participant
    122 posts
    11 July 2022 at 15:34:25 #944180

Hi Joejax—the boat timetable is also in the SBB app. When you are doing a search, tap on the filter link (three little lines at the top right) and it will bring up all the available modes of transport. Make sure that the ship option is enabled (and disable the train/bus options) and you should be able to see the boat timetable.

Anna
    6382 posts
    11 July 2022 at 21:21:56 #944181

Hi Joejax.

EASW is right. You can use the advanced mode and select ships/boat as you mode of transport to display only boat schedules. The steps are explained on this page under Further Options.

Regards,

Anna

Joejax
    Participant
    93 posts
    11 July 2022 at 22:00:57 #944182

EASW and Anna,

it’s as easy as that. Once you explore and push enough tabs and buttons ( which I usually don’t), it’s right there in front of you. The schedule refers to Boat 20 or Boat 30, etc. I know I was encouraged to take the steam paddler that leaves at 14:00 the day I am traveling from Fluelen to Lucerne. Is there a legend of what type Boat it is based on their number?

Thanks again for all your help.

Joejax

Anna
    6382 posts
    11 July 2022 at 22:22:44 #944183

Hi Joejax,

If a paddle steamer is operating on the route, this is usually reflected on the timetable. When you click on a connection, a short notes appears just above the legends – Dieser Kurs wird in der Regel mit einem Dampfschiff geführt (this route is usually operated by a steamship).

regards,

Anna

Joejax
    Participant
    93 posts
    11 July 2022 at 23:10:42 #944184

Thank you Anna

Joejax

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 July 2022 at 10:01:09 #944185

Hi Joejax,

In addition: you’ll find links to specific boat timetables (often in downloadable PDF format) at the “Route” sections of our boat pages (http://www.myswissalps.com/activities/scenictrips/boat). An example is http://www.myswissalps.com/boatlakethun/gettingthere.

• The thread ‘Boat cruises included in the Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.