About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Reservation on boat from Fluelen to Lucerne needed
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Reservation on boat from Fluelen to Lucerne needed

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Norry
Norry
18 posts
Jul 21, 2019 - 10:45 PM

Hello, Can someone please tell if I need reservations for the boat from Fluellen to Lucerne? I’ll be using the Swiss Travel Pass, so if no reservations are needed, I just show it at the dock? As I understand, this is free with use of the STP. The timetable shows boats leave every hour; want to confirm that this is so even on a Saturday.

Thank you

Rail Europe
rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Jul 21, 2019 - 11:05 PM in reply to Norry

No reservations required. Just show up. If you want access to upper deck you will need a Class upgrade if you have 2nd Class Swiss Travel Pass. Buy at any station or onboard boat.

Check out this timetable www.lakelucerne.ch/fil eadmin/lakelucerne/con tent/Dokumente_Downloa ds_PDF/01_Fahrplan-Preise/01_Fahrplan/Sai sonaler_Fahrplan/2019/ Fahrplan_Sommer_2019.p df. It changes from 9 September so watch out for that at www.lakelucerne.ch/en/ timetable-fares/timetable/.

Make sure you get a traditional paddle steamer as denoted by icon at top of each timetable column. Much nicer than modern boats.

www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakelucerne

Last modified on Jul 22, 2019 - 4:25 AM by Steph
Norry
Norry
18 posts
Jul 21, 2019 - 11:57 PM

Thank you so much Rockoyster! The timetable link you provided is much appreciated.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020