Boat from Lucerne to Hammetschwand lift

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2019 at 21:46:23 #821365

Hi. I’m trying to use the SBB app to work out the route from Lucerne to Burgenstock to experience the Hammetschwand. I’ve got an STP and was trying to work out how to get there by boat or train. Just not sure what to select as the destination. A lot of options under Burgenstock. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2019 at 0:15:42 #911215

Best way to Burgenstock is by boat. There is a new dedicated direct service connecting with the funicular.

Burgenstock itself is a bit of an eyesore – too many modern buildings have been built and it looks like a city on top of a hill.

Doesn’t affect the famous lift though as that is away from the ‘resort’ of Burgenstock

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2019 at 9:18:52 #911216

Thank you. May I ask what this new direct service is and where to locate the information? Also, if it’s the boat, what is the name of the stop? Thank you.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 May 2019 at 15:04:18 #911217

Hi Ltnguyen74,

There is a direct non stop “Bürgenstock Express” boat from Luzern Bahnhofquai (across the train station) to Kehrsiten-Bürgenstock. From there you can take the funicular up to Bürgenstock Resort. The boat is free with your Swiss Travel Pass. The pretty pricey funicular is discounted by 50%, but even then a single ride is CHF 12.50. It’s the best way to get there though.

An alternative is the train to Stansstad, then the bus to Bürgenstock Zentrum. All of that is free with your pass.

The Hammetschwand lift is a less than 30 minute walk from Bürgenstock on an easy path. Tickets are not discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass, but you do get a small discount if you have a Lucerne Visitor Card: http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/travel. Pay attention as the ride only takes seconds 🙂

Have fun!

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 May 2019 at 15:09:49 #911218

Hi 1960man,

It has indeed become a village for travelers without budget constraints. Including luxurious shops. I think it looks quite nice but I wonder if they get enough guests for all those rooms. It’s a nice day trip destination and we may dedicate a page to it on MySwissAlps in the future.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2019 at 16:21:57 #911219

Thanks Arno

Very helpful.

• The thread ‘Boat from Lucerne to Hammetschwand lift’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.