Boat from Spiez to Interlaken West

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
leeweileang
leeweileang
4 posts
Sep 14, 2017 - 9:09 AM

hi,

I am travelling to Switzerland on 14/Oct. I am having Swiss Travel Pass:

1) Is it free for boat trip in Lake Thun from Spiez Schiffstation to Interlaken West (See) ?

2) I am checking boat timetable through fahrplan.bls.ch. Is it correct that boat will depart from Spiez Schiffstation on 14:28 and reach Interlaken West (See) on 15:49 ?

thanks a lot. :)

Please login to see the attached documents
Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Sep 14, 2017 - 5:22 PM in reply to leeweileang

Hi Leeweileang,

Yes, Lake Thun is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass - you can check out where it is valid here.

That timing sounds correct - it is about 1 hour and 20 minutes. The website you linked will give you correct details on your day of travel.

Lucas

leeweileang
leeweileang
4 posts
Sep 15, 2017 - 7:24 AM

hi Lucas,

Thanks for the reply. my train will arrive at Spiez hbf by 1:53PM. Hope it will arrive on time for us to board the ship. :)

I will also travel to Lucerne.

1) Is the Swiss Travel Pass cover all the transportations to Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Riji?

2) Which mountain is more scenic ? since we only plan to go either 1 of the mountains.

Thanks.

macca
macca
14 posts
Sep 15, 2017 - 8:58 AM

Hi Leeweileang

It would be a shame not to spend a bit of time in Spiez if you can. Its a very pretty little town with a mediteranean feel. Close to where the ferry leaves is Spiez castle which is lovely and worth a look just from the outside. climb up the stairs next to the painted house with the vineyard and walk round the terraces for a picture perfect view of lake Thun.

Please login to see the attached documents
Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Sep 15, 2017 - 3:49 PM in reply to leeweileang

Hi Leeweileang,

1. Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass covers both mountains - read about its coverage area here.
  2. Both are great - check weather forecasts at both mountains and pick the one with the best weather - if both look good I would lean towards going to Mt. PIlatus.
Last modified on Oct 4, 2017 - 9:58 AM by Arno
Brahms
Brahms
320 posts
top member
Sep 15, 2017 - 5:20 PM

Walking from station Spiez to the boat in Spiez is about 15 minutes.

Greetings Brahms

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019