Boat from Spiez to Interlaken West

Boat from Spiez to Interlaken West

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
leeweileang
leeweileang
4 posts
Sep 14, 2017 - 9:09 AM

hi,

I am travelling to Switzerland on 14/Oct. I am having Swiss Travel Pass:

1) Is it free for boat trip in Lake Thun from Spiez Schiffstation to Interlaken West (See) ?

2) I am checking boat timetable through fahrplan.bls.ch. Is it correct that boat will depart from Spiez Schiffstation on 14:28 and reach Interlaken West (See) on 15:49 ?

thanks a lot. :)

Please login to see the attached documents
Lucas
Lucas
3339 posts
expert &
Sep 14, 2017 - 5:22 PM in reply to leeweileang

Hi Leeweileang,

Yes, Lake Thun is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass - you can check out where it is valid here.

That timing sounds correct - it is about 1 hour and 20 minutes. The website you linked will give you correct details on your day of travel.

Lucas

leeweileang
leeweileang
4 posts
Sep 15, 2017 - 7:24 AM

hi Lucas,

Thanks for the reply. my train will arrive at Spiez hbf by 1:53PM. Hope it will arrive on time for us to board the ship. :)

I will also travel to Lucerne.

1) Is the Swiss Travel Pass cover all the transportations to Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Riji?

2) Which mountain is more scenic ? since we only plan to go either 1 of the mountains.

Thanks.

macca
macca
11 posts
Sep 15, 2017 - 8:58 AM

Hi Leeweileang

It would be a shame not to spend a bit of time in Spiez if you can. Its a very pretty little town with a mediteranean feel. Close to where the ferry leaves is Spiez castle which is lovely and worth a look just from the outside. climb up the stairs next to the painted house with the vineyard and walk round the terraces for a picture perfect view of lake Thun.

Please login to see the attached documents
Lucas
Lucas
3339 posts
expert &
Sep 15, 2017 - 3:49 PM in reply to leeweileang

Hi Leeweileang,

1. Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass covers both mountains - read about its coverage area here.
  2. Both are great - check weather forecasts at both mountains and pick the one with the best weather - if both look good I would lean towards going to Mt. PIlatus.
Last modified on Oct 4, 2017 - 9:58 AM by Arno
Brahms
Brahms
320 posts
top member
Sep 15, 2017 - 5:20 PM

Walking from station Spiez to the boat in Spiez is about 15 minutes.

Greetings Brahms

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017