Boat operators on Lake Luzern

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2018 at 15:49:01 #877489

Hi Debra,

The Aegerisee Schifffahrt is a boat/boat company that operates on the Aegerisee (Aegeri Lake).

The word “See” is German for lake.

Hence the differences on landing sites from SBB for Lake Luzern. 🙂
    PS in German, Lake Luzern is “Vierwaldstättersee” (Four Forested Settlements Lake…. roughly)

Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    1 March 2018 at 15:56:50 #877490

Thanks, I guess I can assume all the boats there would be covered; When clicking the link on this website it takes you to a page with different prices, it is the winter price even though the link is for summer. Too bad, I see it would be more expensive to add a Tell pass rather than getting another Swiss travel pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2018 at 17:04:22 #877491

Any boat trip you find through the SBB timetablewould be covered. Essentially all of them as far as I’m aware. There may be special event cruises that aren’t not covered (but may be discounted with the STP). I’m thinking of Jazz cruises, dinner cruises, brunch cruises etc.

Which link for prices on our site do you mean? We have a link under “more information on our Lake Lucerne Boat page here that links to fares for 2018. The prices are noted as valid from Dec. 17 but it is not just winter – it is for 2018.

Hope that helps!

Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    1 March 2018 at 18:08:47 #877492

The link from the Tell Pass prices; when you click the summer prices, the page it takes you to on the sbb site are the winter ones not the summer ones.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 March 2018 at 9:15:52 #877493

Hi Debra,

Indeed it does, I assume because most people buying now still do so for winter. But if you click the Order Now button and pick your travel date, you’ll get the correct prices and can also order if you want to. Please see https://www.swissrailw ays.com/en/products/re gionalcentralswisspass.

• The thread ‘Boat operators on Lake Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.