Timetable boat ride from Thun to Spiez

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    22 January 2018 at 10:56:56 #873891

Lots of snow this Winter. I suspect that the higher Alpine trails will open late, too.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    22 January 2018 at 11:00:51 #873892

I’d telephone Crans/Montana. That whole region is getting a lot of snow…..check to see if yu can get there.

Slowpoke

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 January 2018 at 20:25:37 #873893

So, did you make it to C-M?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2018 at 20:45:09 #873894

Yes ! And it’s gorgeous! We went thru the mountain

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2018 at 11:05:21 #873895

>> I wonder if the BK “concession” is because the train is operated by BLS and not SBB?

I would say so. I’ve noticed the BLS also offer reservations on regional services, which is unusual. They have also just developed a “travel-now-pay-later” app, taking the ticketing concept a step further.

You check in and out on your phone, and have to maintain a charged phone and internet connection throughout the journey though. You also need to keep location services turned on. (Just to be clear, I’m not suggesting this would be suitable for the average tourist.)

http://www.lezzgo.ch/index-en.html

Alpenrose

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 January 2018 at 11:20:06 #873896

<<“I’ve noticed the BLS also offer reservations on regional services, which is unusual. They have also just developed a “travel-now-pay-later” app, taking the ticketing concept a step further.”>

I noticed an article, perhaps in the NZZ, that the BLS was trying to set up alternative competitive ticket pricing on some route(s) that are shared with the SBB.

The author noted that the Swiss rail system is not really set up to handle such competitve pracrices.

That is what I remember of the article; it was a few months ago.

It does seem that the BLS has set out to differentiate their company. And, over the years, they have taken over a lot of regional lines, particularly noticeable in the Emmental. When I first was riding the trains in the ’80s, the trains in the Emmental had a variety of different liveries. For example, the rail line between Huttwill and Eriswill had been discontinued many years before, but some cars still carried “HEB” on them. There was another “Huttwil…xxxxx” line, as well.

Other regions, too.

Slowpoke

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • The thread ‘Timetable boat ride from Thun to Spiez’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.