Timetable boat ride from Thun to Spiez

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5151 posts
expert
Jan 22, 2018 - 10:56 AM in reply to rockoyster

Lots of snow this Winter. I suspect that the higher Alpine trails will open late, too.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5151 posts
expert
Jan 22, 2018 - 11:00 AM in reply to Abelefko1

I'd telephone Crans/Montana. That whole region is getting a lot of snow.....check to see if yu can get there.

Slowpoke

rockoyster
rockoyster
4013 posts
expert
Jan 23, 2018 - 8:25 PM in reply to Abelefko1

So, did you make it to C-M?

Abelefko1
Abelefko1
31 posts
Jan 23, 2018 - 8:45 PM in reply to rockoyster

Yes ! And it’s gorgeous! We went thru the mountain

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jan 25, 2018 - 11:05 AM in reply to rockoyster

>> I wonder if the BK "concession" is because the train is operated by BLS and not SBB?

I would say so. I've noticed the BLS also offer reservations on regional services, which is unusual. They have also just developed a "travel-now-pay-later" app, taking the ticketing concept a step further.

You check in and out on your phone, and have to maintain a charged phone and internet connection throughout the journey though. You also need to keep location services turned on. (Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting this would be suitable for the average tourist.)

www.lezzgo.ch/index-en.html

Alpenrose

Last modified on Jan 25, 2018 - 11:09 AM by Removed user
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5151 posts
expert
Jan 25, 2018 - 11:20 AM in reply to Removed user

<<"I've noticed the BLS also offer reservations on regional services, which is unusual. They have also just developed a "travel-now-pay-later" app, taking the ticketing concept a step further.">

I noticed an article, perhaps in the NZZ, that the BLS was trying to set up alternative competitive ticket pricing on some route(s) that are shared with the SBB.

The author noted that the Swiss rail system is not really set up to handle such competitve pracrices.

That is what I remember of the article; it was a few months ago.

It does seem that the BLS has set out to differentiate their company. And, over the years, they have taken over a lot of regional lines, particularly noticeable in the Emmental. When I first was riding the trains in the '80s, the trains in the Emmental had a variety of different liveries. For example, the rail line between Huttwill and Eriswill had been discontinued many years before, but some cars still carried "HEB" on them. There was another "Huttwil...xxxxx" line, as well.

Other regions, too.

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018