About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Boat ride in Interlaken with Swiss Travel Pass
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Boat ride in Interlaken with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Carolwalsh
Carolwalsh
1 post
Sep 25, 2019 - 5:38 AM

Does anyone know if there is a location on the lake in Interlaken where my First Class Swiss Rail Pass entitles me to a free ride? I was thrilled that my pass entitled me to a free ride/tour around Lake Luzern. I so love my pass it is the best! I’m staying in Bern for 12 days and every morning I hop on the train to visit a different place, fantastic! Highly recommend is it to Thun, charming and pass entitled free entrance to Schlossberg Castle which was really excellent. Nice restaurant up on hill by castle with super terrace view of city. Thanks in advance for the info. CW

Ildiko
Ildiko
1010 posts
top member &
Sep 25, 2019 - 6:10 AM in reply to Carolwalsh

Hi Carolwalsh,

I am happy that you are happy with your Swiss Travel Pass :)

You can use your Swiss Travel Pass either on Lake Brienz or on Lake Thun, see www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakebrienz and www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakethun. What's more, you can use it also on Lake Geneva (Montreux it is a bit more than 1 hour from Bern by train): www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakegeneva.

With your Swiss Travel Pass you can enter for free in other castles and museums too, see the list of participating museums at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/details.

Thanks for the recommendations. We would be glad if you would write more about your experiences after you arrived home in the trip reports part of the forum at www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/tripreports.

Last modified on Sep 25, 2019 - 6:13 AM by Ildiko
1960man
1960man
2735 posts
top member
Sep 25, 2019 - 10:39 PM

Swiss Travel Pass is valid for 'free' unlimited travel on the majority of boat routes on all the major Swiss lakes, as lake boats are local transport not just for tourists

Advantages at a glance.

Unlimited travel by train, bus and boat

Unlimited travel on premium panorama trains (seat reservation fees and/or surcharges apply)

Unlimited use of public transport in more than 90 towns & cities

Free admission to more than 500 museums.

Mountain excursions included: Rigi, Schilthorn, Stanserhorn and Stoos

Up to 50% discount on many other mountain excursions

Up to 30% discount on SBB RailAway offers. Available at all ticket counters within Switzerland

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020