Boat ride in Neuchatel Switzerland

Boat ride in Neuchatel Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 1, 2017 - 2:22 AM

My wife & I will be in Neuchatel May 26 & 27. I have the Swiss Travel Pass. Per the free or discounted route & service map on the ticket site, it looks like there is a free boat ride on Lake Neuchatel indicsted by a white line? Would appreciate any confirming input about this.Thank you.

Last modified on May 2, 2017 - 4:50 AM by Arno
maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
577 posts
top member
May 1, 2017 - 11:52 AM

Hello there

If the white line indicated over a lake or along a river is a continuous line it means it is covered by Swiss travel Pass. A dotted white line indicates a discount.

Two years ago we went by boat from Neuchatel to Yverdons-les-Bains and it was very enjoyable. One of our aims is to travel on as many lakes as possible! Try www.navig.ch for schedules on Lake Neuchatel. There are several boat trips on Lake Biel as well you could consider. I can't remember the link to the 3 lakes timetable unfortunately but I could look for it if you like. There is also a boat ride between Biel and Solothurn which is great - you pass a stork colony up on the rooftops on the way - fascinating!

Enjoy!

Maggie

Last modified on May 1, 2017 - 11:53 AM by maggiehorswell
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 1, 2017 - 1:29 PM

Thank you for the information Maggie. It is a solid line just trying to confirm. Just looking for a boat ride, not to go inbetween two cities. will be leaving the next day to Zermatt and then over to Austria by train.

Last modified on May 2, 2017 - 4:50 AM by Arno
maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
577 posts
top member
May 1, 2017 - 2:41 PM

Hi again

You can find timetable at link I gave you above but also probably pick up a brochure at your hotel or railway station/tourismus in Neuchatel when you are there.

Maggie

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4732 posts
expert
May 2, 2017 - 2:51 AM in reply to Removed user
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 2, 2017 - 1:21 PM

Thanks, that's the information I needed. Just wanted to confirm my own thoughts. I was in Neuchatel 45 years ago on business with Dubied textile Co. with my father. And wanted to revisit the area.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018