Boat ride in Neuchatel Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 2:22:54 #811622

My wife & I will be in Neuchatel May 26 & 27. I have the Swiss Travel Pass. Per the free or discounted route & service map on the ticket site, it looks like there is a free boat ride on Lake Neuchatel indicsted by a white line? Would appreciate any confirming input about this.Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 11:52:11 #862564

Hello there

If the white line indicated over a lake or along a river is a continuous line it means it is covered by Swiss travel Pass. A dotted white line indicates a discount.

Two years ago we went by boat from Neuchatel to Yverdons-les-Bains and it was very enjoyable. One of our aims is to travel on as many lakes as possible! Try http://www.navig.ch for schedules on Lake Neuchatel. There are several boat trips on Lake Biel as well you could consider. I can’t remember the link to the 3 lakes timetable unfortunately but I could look for it if you like. There is also a boat ride between Biel and Solothurn which is great – you pass a stork colony up on the rooftops on the way – fascinating!

Enjoy!

Maggie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 13:29:02 #862565

Thank you for the information Maggie. It is a solid line just trying to confirm. Just looking for a boat ride, not to go inbetween two cities. will be leaving the next day to Zermatt and then over to Austria by train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 14:41:51 #862566

Hi again

You can find timetable at link I gave you above but also probably pick up a brochure at your hotel or railway station/tourismus in Neuchatel when you are there.

Maggie

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 13:21:33 #862568

Thanks, that’s the information I needed. Just wanted to confirm my own thoughts. I was in Neuchatel 45 years ago on business with Dubied textile Co. with my father. And wanted to revisit the area.

• The thread ‘Boat ride in Neuchatel Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.