Boat cruise options on Lake Zurich?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2017 at 18:13:45 #813557

Hi I need some help!

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any information on any boat rides or similar in Zurich which are available in November (mid November from around the 13th to the 20th ). I have researched online but cant seem to find if there are any short boat trips (one-2hours) across the lake with scenic views in the evening/night time?

Any information would be appreciated and thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 October 2017 at 2:54:11 #871219

Hello Helen,

Does this help http://www.zsg.ch/en/ ? From what I can see the winter timetables kick in 23 October.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 October 2017 at 6:07:34 #871220

Hi Helen123,

Yes there are 1.5 hour trips and 4 hour trips from Zurich. The only evening cruise are at 17:40 on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.The daily cruises are in the mornings and afternoons.

There are dinner cruises at night as well (special timetable) from Fondue, to burgers to beer. The timetable for everything is on Rockoyster’s link – you can read more about the boat cruises on our website here we well.

I would note that at night all you see inside the boat is your reflection through the window 🙂 but if it isn’t too cold you can sit outside (not all boats have that option though).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 October 2017 at 10:16:06 #871221

Thats great thank you for your help! I probably wont consider the boat then aspecially when we wont be able to see much in the evening.

I just had one more question – what resturants / bars would you recommend to go to in Zurich? Is there an area or street where there are various different resturants and bars? I have searched online but can only see different resturants dotted around different areas.. I thought it would be easier/nicer to go to a nice restaurant with a couple of bars which are nearby!

Thank you!

Helen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 October 2017 at 16:45:00 #871222

Hi Helen,

The Niederdorf area (focused on Niederdorfstrasse) is the “old town” and has a lot of restaurants and bars to choose from. If you are standing in front of the main train station you want to cross to the other side of the Limmat river (Central tram stop) and walk towards Lake Zurich. If you walk in from the river one block you will be on Niederdorfstrasse (cobble stone).

If you want specific recommendations for differnt types of restaurants/food let me know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 October 2017 at 17:07:13 #871223

ok thats great i will look into Niederforf area. Which restaurants and bars would you recommend in the area? We are happy with any type of cuisine as long as it has some atmosphere!

Thank you!!

Helen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 October 2017 at 17:10:08 #871224

Also how could I get to this area from Oerlikon?

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 October 2017 at 19:31:29 #871225

<<“ok thats great i will look into Niederforf area. Which restaurants and bars would you recommend in the area? We are happy with any type of cuisine as long as it has some atmosphere!”>>

Is cost an issue?

This thread focuses on expensive ones:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/quality-zurich-restaurants-open-sundays-urgent

Not sure why a map did not help you find places to eat, but this one will give you an overdose:

map.search.ch/Z%C3%BCr ich?poi=bar,cafe,restauran t

To get to downtown Zürich from Oerlikon, there are frequent trains to the main station.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Here is tram station map for the city:

map.search.ch/Z%C3%BCr ich?poi=haltestelle&z=128

Mouse over a station icon for more information. The #4 along the Limmatquai pretty much parallels the Niederdorf Strasse.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2017 at 6:14:59 #871226

The 3 I like in the Niederdorf are Swiss Chuchi (Fondue restaurant), Caberet Voltaire and Cafe Schober.

The simplest option from Oerlikon train station is to take a train to Zurich main station and within a 5 minute walk you are on Niederdorfstrasse. Use the timetable link from Slowpoke to plan the trip. It will give you bus and tram options as well.

• The thread ‘Boat cruise options on Lake Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.