Boat ride in Lucerne covered by Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 14:01:20 #812351

I am trying to find a boat ride that is in Lucerne that is covered by the STP. Any suggestions? I keep reading that the travel pass is the way to travel. Also, are the passes refundable if something happened and we couldn’t travel after all? We don’t head to Switzerland until September but I am wanting to buy the passes soon (to get in on the promotional discount)

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2017 at 4:28:01 #865534

>> I am trying to find a boat ride that is in Lucerne that is covered by the STP. Any suggestions?

All regularly scheduled cruises on the Vierwaldstättersee (Lake Lucerne) are covered in full by the Swiss Travel Pass.

I like to travel the whole length of the lake, from Luzern to Flüelen, which takes almost 3 hours, then return by train (about 1 hour). The Luzern end of the lake has picturesque villages with traditional buildings, whilst the Flüelen end of the lake is surrounded by very dramatic mountains.

On this page, you can find out everything you need to know about boat trips on the Vierwaldstättersee:

http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakelucerne

If you are interested, you can see some photos I took on this trip – attached to the first post on the following page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-late-august-to-mid-october-2016

>> I keep reading that the travel pass is the way to travel.

Usually, yes, but it depends on your exact plans.

>> Also, are the passes refundable if something happened and we couldn’t travel after all? We don’t head to Switzerland until September but I am wanting to buy the passes soon (to get in on the promotional discount)

There will always be a cancellation fee, but refund policies probably vary depending on where you buy the pass. Travel insurance might cover some eventualities, but you would need to check your policy.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2017 at 5:06:27 #865535

Hi 2017vacay,

To be sure the Swiss Travel Pass is the best option for you economically (it certainly is for convenience) you will need to do the math on your planned trips, comparing ticket costs to the pass cost. You can use our page here to help you.

If you need it, we have a list of recommended retailers to buy your Swiss Travel Pass online here – their cancellation policies vary but it is usually 10 to 15%.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Boat ride in Lucerne covered by Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.