Boat to Thun via Spiez from Interlaken in May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2019 at 3:07:56 #820096

Hi

Apologies if this question has been asked previously.

We would like to take the boat from Interlaken to Thun, though stop in Spiez first to have a look around the town. We will be first week of May.

I am unable to find the timetable for hat time of year. I can only locate the winter one. Even using the online timetable it states no trips found. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Does anyone know how often the boats run or provide me a link to a May timetable?

Thankyou in advance

Karen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 February 2019 at 3:38:38 #904935

Hello Karen,

Scroll though this http://www.bls.ch/-/media/bls/pdf/fahrpla ene/schiff/fahrplan-schifffahrt-2019.pdf

You can also use the SBB Timetable advanced search and restrict the mode of transport to “ship”.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2019 at 10:48:58 #904936

Thanks Rockoyster

very helpful

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2019 at 2:21:50 #904937

Here is the official timetable PDF:

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2019/3310.pdf

scroll down to the ‘Frühling’ (Spring) section. You will see there are just two boats a day.

Beware that Spiez is on a steep hillside – climbing up to the town centre takes a bit of effort (although the castle is by the lake)

An alternative is to take the train Interlaken – Spiez, walk down to the lake then take the boat to Thun from Spiez landing stage (you won’t miss much as the railway gives much the same views as the boat between Interlaken and Spiez)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2019 at 8:22:31 #904938

Thankyou 1960man

That is extremely helpful tip….i have arthritic knees so walking uphill is a challenge for me.

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    27 February 2019 at 1:47:26 #904939

Been there done that; the steep hill! But there is an hourly bus as I recall.

The boat has a fascinating exit from Interlaken but, as 1960man says, the view is similar to the train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2019 at 6:36:18 #904940

Thankyou Gunzel!

Think we will plan to do train, the boat.

• The thread ‘Boat to Thun via Spiez from Interlaken in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.