Boat tour Lake Geneva with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 August 2017 at 22:14:18 #813083

On Swiss travel pass, it shows that boat tour on lake Geneva is free. However, I am unable to locate from where I can find schedules (routes, operating hours and so on), Whether I need to book a ticket or just go and avail it? The boat tour from Montreux to Chillon Castle is also on Lake Geneva and covered by the pass? Also, suggest the boat tour for Lake Geneva covered by Swiss travel pass – best route.

I can’t thank enough to have this forum. as I have been reading a lot and planning my trip and this forum allows to get first-hand knowledge. Thanks in advance!!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2017 at 0:27:21 #868986

Hi Kanika,

>> On Swiss travel pass, it shows that boat tour on lake Geneva is free. However, I am unable to locate from where I can find schedules (routes, operating hours and so on)

This page will tell you what you need to know about boat trips on Lake Geneva. On the bottom right-hand side of the page is a link to the boat timetable.

http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakegeneva

>> Whether I need to book a ticket

No.

>> The boat tour from Montreux to Chillon Castle is also on Lake Geneva and covered by the pass?

Yes

>> Also, suggest the boat tour for Lake Geneva covered by Swiss travel pass – best route.

All routes shown on the Swiss Travel Pass validity map (link below) are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. None of them will disappoint you.

You can consult the timetable to choose a route that best fits your itinerary in terms of where the boat departs from, where it stops, time of day, and duration of boat ride etc.

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2017 at 16:54:54 #868987

Thanks a ton! This will help:)

• The thread ‘Boat tour Lake Geneva with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.