Boat travel Lake Lucerne or Lake Geneva in March

• Jjones
    Participant
    11 posts
    20 May 2019 at 14:53:04 #821739

I am trying to figure out if there is any boats running on Lake Geneva and Lake Lucerne during March. We will be in Switzerland fMarch 18-25, 2020. I have looked at the time schedules but can’t seem to find much that far out.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2019 at 19:59:34 #912874

Hi Jjones and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Normally there is a quite a reduces service on the lakes from mid December to mid April, whereas the detailed schedules are not yet out.

Please check below link and the attachment to get an idea of the situation 18/19, which will most probably be similar next year:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakelucerne/gettingt here
    http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakegeneva/gettingth ere

Best,
    Steph

Jjones
    Participant
    11 posts
    20 May 2019 at 20:27:59 #912875

Thank you so much for this information. I am sure that I will have more questions as we finalize our plans more.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2019 at 23:56:01 #912876

March is not a great month for lake travel in Switzerland. Summer is better, when you can travel outside, and more of the ancient paddle steamers operate.

Research the current winter timetables – timings rarely change from year to year

• The thread ‘Boat travel Lake Lucerne or Lake Geneva in March’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.