Boat trip on Lake Brienz - ticket and price info

Boat trip on Lake Brienz - ticket and price info

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
vbengr01
vbengr01
2 posts
Jan 18, 2017 - 2:37 AM

Hello,

My family and I will be visiting Lake Brienz from Interlaken Ost on April 10, 2017. I have a few questions regarding the boat tickets:

1. I assume April isn't as crowded as the Summer months. Is it necessary to purchase boat tickets in advance?

2. We have the Half Fare cards and my son is under 16 and has a Family Card, do I need to purchase a boat ticket for my son, or can he ride for free?

3. Is there a place near the boat dock where I can purchase tickets?

Thank you for your time.

George L.

Lucas
Lucas
3080 posts
expert &
Jan 18, 2017 - 10:42 AM in reply to vbengr01

Hi vbengro1 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Take a look at our Lake Brienz information page for answers to all your questions.

Your son will be able to travel free with the Family Card and you will be 50% off with your half-fare card. Tickets for you can be purchased at the boat dock.

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Jan 18, 2017 - 6:37 PM by Lucas
vbengr01
vbengr01
2 posts
Jan 19, 2017 - 3:05 AM in reply to Lucas

This is very helpful. Thank you, Lucas!

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3610 posts
expert
Jan 21, 2017 - 1:11 AM in reply to vbengr01

Hi vbengro1-

Not sure just how much boat travel there is on Lake Brienz in April. There is none in the Winter. After mid-May, I expect service.

This might help...not sure.

www.interlaken.ch/en/c ruises-lake-thun-and-lake-brienz.html

You could also use the regular SBB timetable and enter Brienz and Interlaken as destinations/start points.

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017