Book Glacier Express with Swiss Half Fare Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
yongchen
yongchen
3 posts
Jan 2, 2018 - 1:19 PM

Can I buy Swiss Half Fare Card before making reservation for Glacier Express seats and meals?

Can I buy Swiss Half Fare Card online and download it on mobile phone without receiving any hard copy?

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Jan 2, 2018 - 2:27 PM in reply to yongchen

Hi yongchen, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Yes, you can by the Swiss Half Fare Card before making any reservations. You can buy the pass online here as a print@home version. Unfortunately you can't download it on your mobile phone. You still have to print it out and carry a hard copy with you. Here you can read more about how to use the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Reservations for the Glacier Express can be done here.

yongchen
yongchen
3 posts
Jan 3, 2018 - 3:57 AM

Thanks for your reply!

I wonder if I can make reservation first and buy Swiss Half Fare Card after I arrive Zurich airport.

Or it's necessary and required to buy Swiss Half Fare Card before making any reservation?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4571 posts
expert
Jan 3, 2018 - 5:41 AM in reply to yongchen

You don't need to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card before you make the reservation. You can buy it at Zurich or order it on-line and print at home before you leave. That way you avoid any queue at Zurich.

You can't use the SBB mobile app copy of the pass (you need a paper copy as Chantal mentioned) but you can buy and use tickets for individual train trips stored on your mobile phone.

Last modified on Jan 3, 2018 - 5:42 AM by rockoyster
yongchen
yongchen
3 posts
Jan 3, 2018 - 7:23 AM

It's very helpful. thanks a lot for kind exploration

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019