Book Glacier Express with Swiss Half Fare Card

• yongchen
    Participant
    3 posts
    2 January 2018 at 13:19:04 #813914

Can I buy Swiss Half Fare Card before making reservation for Glacier Express seats and meals?

Can I buy Swiss Half Fare Card online and download it on mobile phone without receiving any hard copy?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 January 2018 at 14:27:32 #873444

Hi yongchen, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Yes, you can by the Swiss Half Fare Card before making any reservations. You can buy the pass online here as a print@home version. Unfortunately you can’t download it on your mobile phone. You still have to print it out and carry a hard copy with you. Here you can read more about how to use the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Reservations for the Glacier Express can be done here.

yongchen
    Participant
    3 posts
    3 January 2018 at 3:57:02 #873445

Thanks for your reply!

I wonder if I can make reservation first and buy Swiss Half Fare Card after I arrive Zurich airport.

Or it’s necessary and required to buy Swiss Half Fare Card before making any reservation?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 January 2018 at 5:41:27 #873446

You don’t need to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card before you make the reservation. You can buy it at Zurich or order it on-line and print at home before you leave. That way you avoid any queue at Zurich.

You can’t use the SBB mobile app copy of the pass (you need a paper copy as Chantal mentioned) but you can buy and use tickets for individual train trips stored on your mobile phone.

yongchen
    Participant
    3 posts
    3 January 2018 at 7:23:35 #873447

It’s very helpful. thanks a lot for kind exploration

• The thread ‘Book Glacier Express with Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.