Booking seats & meals for Glacier Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Reppalc
Reppalc
7 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 5:03 PM

On June 9th I’ll be booking 4 seats in second class for travel on Sept 07 from Zermatt to Chur. What information will I need from the other 3 people in order to book? Will I be able to get reservations and seat numbers at the same time? Does the 3 course meal need to be ordered in advance at time of reservation. Do we need to purchase our 15 day STP before ordering GE tickets?

Thanks in advance.....Reppalc

rockoyster
rockoyster
3981 posts
expert
Jun 3, 2018 - 8:36 PM in reply to Reppalc

You just need their names.

At that early date you will only be able to make reservations. Tickets or travel pass can be acquired nearer to your travel date.

If you want to pick particular seats you need to make the bookings at shop.glacierexpress.ch /.

You can order food on board if you don’t pre-order.

Last modified on Jun 3, 2018 - 8:38 PM by rockoyster
Lucas
Lucas
9260 posts
expert &
Jun 4, 2018 - 5:17 AM in reply to Reppalc

Yes make seat reservations now (it gets very busy).

As you are getting close to your travel date I would order your Swiss Travel Pass now online (you don't need it to make the reservations though).

You can order the pass online from one of these retailers: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ price this way you don't have to go to the railway office and wait in line + you have a backup copy in case the pass gets lost.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3981 posts
expert
Jun 4, 2018 - 5:33 AM in reply to Lucas

Reppalc is travelling in September, Lucas. No real rush for Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucas
Lucas
9260 posts
expert &
Jun 4, 2018 - 11:25 AM in reply to rockoyster

Ahhh, booking on June 9, not for June 9. Then no rush no. But good information to know how to buy it. :)

Last modified on Jun 4, 2018 - 11:26 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018