Booking advice - Accommodation in Lugano mid June

Booking advice - Accommodation in Lugano mid June

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Outandabout
Outandabout
11 posts
Jun 4, 2018 - 5:55 AM

We are planning on staying in Lugano 17 June 2019 until 20 June 2019 and looking at the various booking sites. We are getting mixed results with lots of hotels seemingly booked out.

Is it so popular there for that time of year that they are already booked out or am I looking far too early?

Yvonne

Arno
Arno
10911 posts
expert &
Jun 4, 2018 - 9:32 AM

Hi Yvonne,

I'm not aware of major events in Lugano that may cause extra visitors. Can you post the number of people and your budget so we can take a look for you?

Last modified on Jun 4, 2018 - 9:33 AM by Arno
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 4, 2018 - 2:55 PM

Hi Yvonne,

I think over a year ahead is just a bit too soon. Most places usually have 365 days clear on the calendar only. Have you had a look at the Continental Park Hotel? I can highly recommend it. A really good price, excellent buffet breakfast and the best grounds covered in palms. There’s an outdoor pool with some vines surrounding it. Next to the train station, which is actually really handy and good views too.

Last modified on Jun 4, 2018 - 3:47 PM by Arno
Arno
Arno
10911 posts
expert &
Jun 4, 2018 - 3:46 PM

I didn't notice the year to be honest. No, the hotels are definitely not booked out.

@Craggil: welcome to MySwissAlps!

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 4, 2018 - 4:01 PM

Thanks Arno!

Outandabout
Outandabout
11 posts
Jun 4, 2018 - 10:49 PM

Thank you. I guess I am getting a little nervous about the trip and trying to get all our arrangements locked in. I feel more comfortable with waiting now and will look again in 2 weeks time.

Craggil, I will look at the Continental Park Hotel as one of the options.

Thanks again Arno and Craggil. Your advice is very much appreciated.

meesonia
meesonia
8 posts
Jun 5, 2018 - 11:56 AM

Hi, check out the Hotel Federale, just below the railway station. We stopped there last week but only for one night. But it was good. We only booked it 3 months ago, so as others have said 12 months is a long window.

ian

Outandabout
Outandabout
11 posts
Jun 5, 2018 - 11:20 PM

Thank you Ian, that looks very good and close to everything. I am so keen to be close to the city and the lake and immerse myself in the city where some of my ancestors came from.

Thanks again,

Yvonne.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018