Booking advice – Accommodation in Lugano mid June

• Outandabout
    Participant
    11 posts
    4 June 2018 at 5:55:19 #816431

We are planning on staying in Lugano 17 June 2019 until 20 June 2019 and looking at the various booking sites. We are getting mixed results with lots of hotels seemingly booked out.

Is it so popular there for that time of year that they are already booked out or am I looking far too early?

Yvonne

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 June 2018 at 9:32:24 #887285

Hi Yvonne,

I’m not aware of major events in Lugano that may cause extra visitors. Can you post the number of people and your budget so we can take a look for you?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 14:55:11 #887286

Hi Yvonne,

I think over a year ahead is just a bit too soon. Most places usually have 365 days clear on the calendar only. Have you had a look at the Continental Park Hotel? I can highly recommend it. A really good price, excellent buffet breakfast and the best grounds covered in palms. There’s an outdoor pool with some vines surrounding it. Next to the train station, which is actually really handy and good views too.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 June 2018 at 15:46:22 #887287

I didn’t notice the year to be honest. No, the hotels are definitely not booked out.

@Craggil: welcome to MySwissAlps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 16:01:48 #887288

Thanks Arno!

Outandabout
    Participant
    11 posts
    4 June 2018 at 22:49:27 #887289

Thank you. I guess I am getting a little nervous about the trip and trying to get all our arrangements locked in. I feel more comfortable with waiting now and will look again in 2 weeks time.

Craggil, I will look at the Continental Park Hotel as one of the options.

Thanks again Arno and Craggil. Your advice is very much appreciated.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 11:56:20 #887290

Hi, check out the Hotel Federale, just below the railway station. We stopped there last week but only for one night. But it was good. We only booked it 3 months ago, so as others have said 12 months is a long window.

ian

Outandabout
    Participant
    11 posts
    5 June 2018 at 23:20:50 #887291

Thank you Ian, that looks very good and close to everything. I am so keen to be close to the city and the lake and immerse myself in the city where some of my ancestors came from.

Thanks again,

Yvonne.

• The thread ‘Booking advice – Accommodation in Lugano mid June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.