Booking Children”s tickets with Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2019 at 4:08:57 #824327

Hello!

Based on all the excellent info on this website, my wife and I decided a half fare card was the most economical choice for our trip from Geneva-Zermatt-Montreaux-Geneva primarily because we are traveling with two 11 year old children and they would then travel free.

My question is, do I need to buy/reserve any tickets for the kids since they travel free with the Half fare card, or do they just hop on the train with us and nothing else is needed until I show the conductor my pass?

Do the kids still travel free if I choose a “Supersaver Ticket” for the Geneva ->Zermatt trip instead of the half fare ticket?

What happens if our flight is delayed or we’re late on arrival and miss the assigned time for the supersaver ticket from Geneva-Zermatt? We have to then buy another ticket? Would that be reason enough reason to pay up from CHF 30.80 to CHF 49.00 for a Saver Day Pass?

Thank you so much for your help!

Matthew

• The thread ‘Booking Children”s tickets with Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.