Booking of Jungfraujoch tickets with SWISS PASS

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 November 2011 at 5:04:22 #804778

Hi everybody!

This forum is so informative, just spent the whole day reading through the replies and have a pretty good idea on getting the SWISS PASS for my 4 day trip to Switzerland.

I am intending to travel up to Jungfraujoch from Bern via Interlaken with the SWISS PASS. I know the SWISS PASS only covers me from Bern to Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald and I get a 25% discount off the rest of the journey up to Jungfraujoch.

With the SWISS PASS, i do not have to make any reservations on the trains right? So I can just hop on the train from Bern at anytime?

How do I make payment for the trip from Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch? Do I buy the tickets only at Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald or do I buy them from Bern before I start the journey?

I also noticed some price discrepancies. When I seleect a one-way trip from Bern to Jungfraujoch on the SBB website, the cost per person is 66.80 CHF. However, if I were to buy the Jungfrau tickets from Lauterbrunnen with my SWISS PASS, I still have to pay 72.30 CHF after my discount.

Why is it that a one-way trip from Bern without a SWISS PASS is much cheaper than getting a discount with the SWISS PASS?

Appreciate anyone’s reply!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 November 2011 at 7:03:02 #834482

Hi pearlynxu,

Good to hear that you like our website! You don’t have to book in advanced, regardless whether or not you own a pass. Your Swiss Pass grants a 25% discount from Wengen or Grindelwald. You can get the tickets for that leg at any manned station, but it would be most convenient to buy in Bern so you can complete the trip without breaks to buy tickets. The SBB website can’t provide exact prices for the Jungfrau for Swiss Pass holders. The price you mentioned is probably the 50% discounted fare. Further info about prices is on the Jungfraubahnen website. You get 25% off the prices listed there.

Be sure to check resellers and prices of the Swiss Pass at this page.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 November 2011 at 8:34:44 #834483

Thanks for your reply!!

I’ll be travelling into Switzerland from Italy via rail, where do I go to get my SWISS PASS validated then?

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 November 2011 at 13:46:04 #834484

Hello pearlynxu. Details on how to validate the pass can be reviewed by clicking the question mark next to ‘Quick transfer’ in the order options list in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass page. If it has to be validated for you, you can ask the railway personnel on the international train from Italy to Switzerland to do so before reaching the border.

• The thread ‘Booking of Jungfraujoch tickets with SWISS PASS’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.