Booking Swiss apartment on aggregators website

• Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    18 June 2020 at 8:23:48 #825585

Myswissalps.com does not favour booking apartment on airbnb but what are your views on booking apartment on booking.com or similar websites. I stayed in Interlaken in a stand alone apartment booked through booking.com. Usually these kind apartment are similar to airbnb only. I would appreciate views from members of myswissalps.com as a reference point for future travel

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    18 June 2020 at 8:41:19 #932624

Hi Shroffchetan,

Well, it’s more of a personal opinion. Airbnb is not necessarily bad, but it does sometimes come with various issues for neighbors, or related to hygiene or the legality of it. I have no personal experience of renting an apartment via booking.com in Switzerland. I did in another country and that worked fine. But indeed, some properties can be the same ones as via Airbnb, so the difference in such a case is only the renting and cancellation terms I guess.

Personally I prefer to book professionally managed properties, either hotels or homes/apartments, because they are regulated better and the host is (should be) experienced. Non professional hosts can of course also be excellent, but also they may be clueless about hygiene, fire safety, you name it. In any case, Switzerland is relative safe and clean compared to many other countries I think. You’ll find rental property information and links here: http://www.myswissalps.com/rentals. Some of our town pages also offer manually selected apartments and homes, here for example: http://www.myswissalps.com/lugano/rentals.

If you have further questions or concerns, just let us know.

• The thread ‘Booking Swiss apartment on aggregators website’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.