Breakfast cruise on Lake Thun covered by Eurail?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2018 at 18:23:08 #815018

Hi there,

I’m planning on cruising Lake Thun on the Breakfast Cruise. I’ve checked the website and see the price for the breakfast. As a EU Rail Pass holder, should I just pay for the breakfast then? Do I need to reserve the breakfast or is it possible to just come and go as the plan has not fixed yet. Thank you for any help or advice.

Cheers.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    28 March 2018 at 23:16:38 #880222

Why don’t you email BLS to be sure about whether reservations are needed or not. Contact details for table bookings are at http://www.bls.ch/en/fahren/u nterwegs-mit/schiff/fruehstueck sschiff-thunersee.

Probably depends whether you are travelling in peak tourist season or not.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 4:43:38 #880223

Hi Yosepsup,

Typically food cruises are not covered by any rail pass, but as this one is priced out separately you may just need to pay for the breakfast if you want it. I’d email them to confirm. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 5:31:43 #880224

>> I’ve checked the website and see the price for the breakfast.

Have you also seen what you get for your money? To be honest, it doesn’t look like very good value to me. However, you might consider it’s worth paying that for the convenience of not having to find somewhere else to buy food to take on board with you.

Alpenrose

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 March 2018 at 5:50:11 #880225

Not exactly your “full english” is it!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 6:23:58 #880226

Thank you, guys!

@rockoyster: yes, I’ve also sent them email before I ask to this forum, but this is what I like about myswissalps.com, you guys are rock. I mean your replies are so fast, while the company haven’t replied to my inquiry up until now:-)

@lucas: thank you, Lucas. I’ve also sent them email and will post their reply in this forum just in case others might need the same information:-)

@alpenrose666: yes, I’ve seen what they offer for the breakfast cruise, and to be honest, it doesn’t look like a good value for me as well:-) But the schedule for the cruise suits me the best compared with the other schedule. So, I’ve also asked them whether it’s possible to only board the cruise without the need to buy the breakfast. The departure time of 9:40 is already too late for breakfast anyway:-)

Anyway, thank you for your help and advice, guys. Keep up the great works!!!

Cheers^.^

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 March 2018 at 6:49:25 #880227

The 9:40 departure appears in the SBB timetable and you can buy a regular ticket so I guess breakfast is not compulsory. Which could be a good thing. 🤓🇦🇺

• The thread ‘Breakfast cruise on Lake Thun covered by Eurail?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.