Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Train or boat between Brienz and Interlaken?

Train or boat between Brienz and Interlaken?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
JFitz
JFitz
4 posts
Oct 24, 2019 - 1:43 PM

My husband and I are visiting in April. To connect to these two towns would you recommend taking the train or is there a ferry between the two? We have stayed in Grindelwald on a previous visit and LOVED it, but this time would like to visit Interlaken,Murren, and Lauterbrunnen. Which would you recommend staying in? Is Grindelwald- since it is at the "end of the road" the least centrally located? We are off to Zermatt after leaving. Thank you!

Annika
Annika
6108 posts
expert &
Oct 24, 2019 - 3:29 PM in reply to JFitz

Hi JFitz! Great that you get to return to the Jungfrau region. I'm sure you'll love it just as much during this second visit, and April is a beautiful month to travel. Although it's still low season and quite some mountain transportation won't be running yet, you'll get to enjoy peace and quiet in the otherwise busy tourist resorts and (if you're lucky) splendid fresh Spring nature: https://www.myswissalp s.com/besttimetovisit.

Yes, there are boat services between Brienz and Interlaken. If you're not in a rush I'd definitely recommend a boat ride, as it's a very relaxing and scenic way of traveling. Mind to check the timetable, as services might still be limited in April: https://www.myswissalp s.com/boatlakebrienz/g ettingthere.

Mürren (www.myswissalps.com/mu rren) and Lauterbrunnen (www.myswissalps.com/la uterbrunnen) will be rather quiet, and some hotels and restaurants may be closed, depending on your exact travel dates. Interlaken (www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken) is located centrally and it's much larger and busier, and offers more amenities and quicker train connections to other parts of the Bernese Oberland and towns that might be interesting in case weather doesn't allow you to get up in the mountains, such as Lucerne (www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne), Bern (www.myswissalps.com/be rn) and Thun (www.myswissalps.com/th un). Whether or not a central location is important, depends on your travel plans. Grindelwald (www.myswissalps.com/gr indelwald) is in between I'd say: it's not as big as Interlaken, but will have more facilities and liveliness than Mürren and Lauterbrunnen at that time of the year. So it's all about your personal preferences. The timetable allows you to check traveling times for each trip: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Last modified on Oct 24, 2019 - 3:30 PM by Annika

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019