Brienzer Rothorn - recommended trip?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
CJ5
CJ5
18 posts
Mar 31, 2018 - 7:40 PM

thinking of taking this steam train - Is it worth the time and money? Also not clear on how long is total trip time (round trip) from Interlaken.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4027 posts
expert
Mar 31, 2018 - 10:13 PM in reply to CJ5

When? Not worth it before 2 June as it’s not running.

Is it worth doing. Compared to what? Unless you have unlimited time you have to prioritise. Do you have Schynigge Platte on your agenda.

CJ5
CJ5
18 posts
Mar 31, 2018 - 11:46 PM in reply to rockoyster

nope - have not heard of that. please advise. Also did not have anything else on the menu for the day we planed the train. Open to suggestions.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 1, 2018 - 1:01 AM in reply to CJ5

The train trip to the Brienzer Rothorn is one of many superb mountaintop trips. If time and budget permit, I would definitely recommend it.

There is more information here:

www.myswissalps.com/br ienzerrothorn

You can see photos I took during my trip up to the Brienzer Rothorn attached to my post of Nov 3, 2016 - 1:06 PM on the following page:

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-late-august-to-mid-october-2016

For travel time from Interlaken, you can use the Swiss Timetable:

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Operational dates for the train from Brienz to the Brienzer Rothorn are 2 Jun - 21 Oct 2018.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Apr 1, 2018 - 1:01 AM by Removed user
rockoyster
rockoyster
4027 posts
expert
Apr 1, 2018 - 3:09 AM in reply to CJ5

See www.myswissalps.com/sc hynigeplatte.

It would help tailor advice if we knew when you were travelling.

CJ5
CJ5
18 posts
Apr 1, 2018 - 1:33 PM in reply to rockoyster

August - and I still have not understood the swiss time table link. I can enter starting point of Lauterbrennen but what is ending point? just wanted to know how long the steam trip would be - door to door.

CJ5
CJ5
18 posts
Apr 1, 2018 - 1:50 PM in reply to CJ5

Thanks for suggestion on Schynige Platte - and thanks for sharing your photos. From what I can tell advacne tickets are the way to go for Schynige Platte? however what if its a rainy cloudy day?

Lucas
Lucas
9621 posts
expert &
Apr 1, 2018 - 3:37 PM in reply to CJ5

I would always buy ticket the day of your planned trip - keep an eye on the weather before you go!

The end destination is Brienzer Rothorn for the timetable. For mountain trips just enter the mountain name as your destination (Jungfraujoch, Schynige Platte etc).

Last modified on Apr 1, 2018 - 3:38 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018