Brienzer Rothorn seat reservation mid-September

• Hughandlisa1
    Participant
    35 posts
    9 September 2022 at 16:24:46 #828301

My son and I are planning to hike along the ridge from Brienzer Rothorn to Turren sometime between September 14-22. We’ll be looking for a good weather day so we don’t know which day we’ll do the hike. We’ll have the BO pass so I know the steam train from Brienz to Brienzer Rothorn is free. We plan to take the first train at 8:36 and will be at the station at least 15 minutes early. Do we need to reserve a seat for the early train? If so, can I do this the morning of our hike?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    9 September 2022 at 17:54:44 #946642

Hi Hughandlisa1,

Seat reservation on the Brienzer Rothorn is usually recommended if you’re travelling in a big group. And if you’re visiting during the weekdays, I don’t think seat reservation is necessary. You can find further details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/brienzerrothorn/tickets

Regards,

Anna

Hughandlisa1
    Participant
    35 posts
    9 September 2022 at 18:37:15 #946643

Ok, great … thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2022 at 21:21:54 #946644

The Brienz – Rothorn Bahn (BRB) operates like a traditional mountain railway, with a queuing system. If you get there ahead of time (as you plan to do) you should be fine, especially early in the morning. Again, like other traditional mountain railways trains run on the ‘parade’ principle, whereby if it is busy more than one actual train set runs in the same time schedule. One word of warnin – the line does possess diesel locomotives so a steam train is not actually 100% guaranteed

Hughandlisa1
    Participant
    35 posts
    10 September 2022 at 0:12:23 #946645

Thank you. I appreciate your response

• The thread ‘Brienzer Rothorn seat reservation mid-September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.