Broc and Gruyère from Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2018 at 3:22:48 #814960

Hi,

Thanks MySwissAlps for the amazing support .

We are in Wengen now and had an amazing afternoon at the Top of Europe (straight after international travel).

we have 3 full days now, out of which one day we’re going to Lucerne and another day in Shilthorn and Murren/Allemendhubel.

The one day remaining, we want to go to Broc and Gruyere. After looking at tge travel times and all that I had put it away and didn’t look much into it. However, since we have done the 1st most imp excursion yesterday we would like to do this day trip.

We have got a feel for changing trains and all that which is not so difficult after all. We managed with 5 pieces for luggage after 30 hours of flight time and then again when going to Junfraujoch but without any luggage.

so travel is ok and we have STP.

Now I need route suggestion.

We came to Wengen via Bern from Zurich.

Now, how do I plan this route?

We can do this tomorrow. Also do I need to pre-book the cheese factory tour? All entrance are covered by STP, please can you confirm?

Thanks

Megha

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2018 at 7:42:10 #879823

Hi Megha,

I’m please do hear that you had an amazing afternoon at the Jungfraujoch.

The scenic route (Golden Pass line) to Gruyère is via Zweisimmen and takes about 4 hours. From Gruyère to Broc you have no make sure you select Broc-Fabriques. This ride takes about 28 min. On the way back from Broc you may want to choose the fastest way via Bulle and Fribourg which takes 3h17.

No need to pre-book and both entrances are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Broc and Gruyère from Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.